MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2003 Error, what do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got this.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'Sjcdatabase1.db.12784744.hostedresource.com' (111)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Could anyone shine a light on this?
are you using a free web host ? this type of errors frequently happen with the free web hosting

anyway,
ensure that database server is running (ask web host) & your database details are correct in ~/inc/config.php file
I'll give it a shot thanks so much!

Okay now my server provider is being unhelpful
"your coding is incorrect, it is referencing the server listed in your coding"
Can i get a little help here?

And the connection string, is incorrect

Tom sent me here and asked me to be patient.

No its certainly not free hosting it is secured, and the database is running well at the server end, no issues there.
Simon, I think in the long run you should move to a different host. In the short term, can you provide some screenshots of where you're getting your settings from? I ask because if they look alright to us and make sense, then you can go back to the host and confidently argue back instead of being utterly ignored.
You know Josh H. I am so angry with my provider. The tech support were literally saying all day that mybb code was weak, had malware and was so hackable it was a joke, and that their servers were humming perfectly. Then M. came to the rescue and went in and found out their servers were down for me (five stars M). I then I called them AGAIN for the third time, and after about half an hour of them checking they said, "Oh look the server you are on is down for servicing, ha..." I was like "...WTF!! I have wasted 5 hours on this today, I have had other people waste time on this, we have smoke alarms, we have courtesy warnings when water is turned off, yet you pull a server and do not let any of your clients know, WTF kinda company are you??" Then faced with yet more indifference I hung up.

MyBB start your own hosting! I'm in.

Thanks again for everything.
The idea has been brought up before, but I don't think we have the manpower at the moment to deal with an official service.

Anyways, glad to see that you've resolved your issue!