MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sessions - useragent column still varchar(100) ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This issue is so old i though it was fixed 100 years ago allready, but i see its not.

In 1.8.x table sessions - column useragent is still varchar(100) which causes useragent string to be cut,
therefore for long strings it cannot be analysed / recognized properly when needed. 
To which exact number should we increase it? I don't think there's a hard limit for useragents and 100 should suffice to get the most important informations.
No idea, perhaps 256 could fit for most,
tho if you search google for it youll find stuff about 512 ect.. whatever..
can always search more and find maybe something out there define how long it may be, by so called, "standards".

Look at this for example, its way more than 100, and still it looks cut.
How much data that is useful for some is lost there...
There has been some discussion about this already on GitHub IIRC. It was increased somewhere to "200" but not everywhere. IMHO we should increase it to at least 200 as 100 is pretty short.
Anyone else? Otherwise I'll push it and change it to "200"
Sure.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2128

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group