MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i merged my site from kunena to mybb. its been a month now and everything is ok. But now i noticed that when i changed the password using the admin cp, the password doesnt work. I tried to create a new password for those who chose to email me rather than using the lost password.
Do you have anything populated in these columns in the mybb_users table for the converted user who you're trying to change the password for?
passwordconvert
passwordconverttype
passwordconvertsalt
The ACP password change doesn't work atm - it's a known bug which will be fixed whenever I find time to do so. Till then you either need to tell the use to use the Lost Password function (which should work if you're using the github plugin version) or you need to empty the three columns spork mentioned for that user (make sure you don't empty it for all!)
oh! im not a tech guy so i just have to ask them to do the lost password. My problem now is i want to create an account for them but the password doesnt work. Im creating an account for those i think that could be a big help for my forum. Please help. They are waiting now and might lose interest. Maybe its not the merged to 1.8 but when i updated to new mybb1.8.x?
I cant find these
passwordconvert
passwordconverttype
passwordconvertsalt - already empty

I tried to change it using phpmyadmin but no success Sad
I have 1.8.3 and i saw that there's an update to 1.8.4. Did they already fix the bug? If not maybe ill just update later. How i wish they already fixed it because it's very important specially when you have a new site that you have to assist some posters that have specialty about the subject. And those who are not active for so long to the old site but you convinced them to be active again but forgot their password and the email were just dummy.
Okay, for some reason I have some members who also can't login with incorrect password errors.

I apparently can't change passwords in ACP according to http://community.mybb.com/thread-168342-...pid1146748 and the LOST PASSWORD function doesn't work for them either:

User complaint: "I used the password reset all four times, and even after the password has been reset to a random one (sent to my email address) the forum just won't allow me to login with the random password it just sent me."

I can't access "passwordconvert passwordconverttype passwordconvertsalt"

What are the remaining options, if any?
hi i had this issue myself and the way i fixed it was with just turning off Login Password Conversion (1.4) and all logins worked agen and the password reset links did as well
I really doubt that old passwords worked when you deactivated the plugin. The reset functions have been fixed in the development version (1.4.1) and all passwords I tried worked for every supported forum.

Also please don't post the same thing in multiple threads, one is enough.