MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new users getting staff group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so when an account is registerd on my forum now they are for some reason being automatically put into the Admin group, I have no idea why. I did just move my forum to a sub directory but I am not sure how to change the setting to have them go into another user group instead of the staff one?
Check for Promotion Rules. ACP->Users & Groups->Group Promotions. If you don't see any, run the file verification tool in the Tools & Maintenance tab.
there is nothing in the group promotions. will running this verification change any of my coding?
(2015-03-18, 09:41 AM)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]will running this verification change any of my coding?

Nope... it will just check for any core files which has been modified... ignore any errors related to install directory or images and provide other results here...
member.php was changed
(2015-03-18, 02:16 PM)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]member.php was changed

it was expected... upload a fresh copy of the file and check... make sure you upload the file from the same version package....
What if I no longer have the package? Its currently using 1.6.9
You should upgrade to 1.6.16. Look on the download page.
I am running the update now and I am getting this error message on the bottom of it
" Fatal error: Call to a member function cache() on a non-object in /home3/victusrp/public_html/sordid-secrets.com/forum/inc/plugins/accountswitcher.php on line 34"
Deactivate that plugin. I thought account switcher was for 1.8 ?