MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When a new user signs up they dont get a confirmation email :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I set up the board and MAN it was soo nice and easy.... everything went great.. but now when i signed up a new user they didnt get an email notifying them to click an activation link... do i need to check a box or somethign to have that work or what am i doing wrong Sad

Thanks

Here is the board.. also do i need to do anything to secure it? or just keep it all stock and its secure..

http://www.greezer.com/bb/
I had the same problem a while ago and didnt really have the time to mess around - so i just stuck it on instant activation .

Because of the image code on the sign up page the spammer bots cant signup (or at least they havent so far) .

Theres a drop down menu in the control panel where you can select what type of activation you want to use when a user signs up for a new account .
Please read through the following link and tell us what you get from the test file: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Firstly, check that Registration Method isn't set to Instant Activation. You can do so by navigating to:

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method

Also, ensure that your host allows emails to be sent out using the PHP mail() function. You can do this using the file provided in Tikitiki's link.
Tikitiki Wrote:Please read through the following link and tell us what you get from the test file: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

that worked fine..

This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.

and also i checked it before by sending email to the other user i signed up via the board and that worked fine as well..

and i just checked the settings and "Registration Method" is set to "Send Email Verification"

any other ideas?
Make sure your it doesn't end up in your spam folder.
Tikitiki Wrote:Make sure your it doesn't end up in your spam folder.

Yup checked the spam folder and nothing in there Sad
Could be a problem with your hosts Mail server (or mail queue)
Tikitiki Wrote:Could be a problem with your hosts Mail server (or mail queue)
but if that were the case then emails wouldnt be sent at all through the board from user to user would they?
Since the MyBB Mail function uses the same thing you used in your test code, theres no way it could be a MyBB problem.
Pages: 1 2