MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace Logo With Thread Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. I'm trying to replace my logo with the thread title in the show_thread template.

So what I did was create a new template and named it "show_thread_header".

I pasted the contents of the header template into the new one, removed the logo link and the image, and replaced them with...

{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}

Now how do I use this new header template in the show_thread template? And am I even on the right track at all lol?

Thanks in advance.
You can do a replacement with Template Conditionals. Replace {$header} with the following within the showthread template.
<?=str_replace($theme['logo'], $thread['threadprefix'].$thread['subject'], $header)?>
Oh that will replace the image not the img tag, but you get the idea.
So I downloaded the plugin and put it in my plugins folder, but it's not showing up in my admin cp. I'm using 1.8.4 on a local host. Any suggestions?

I also tried going into my global.php file and adding

eval('$show_thread_header = "'.$templates->get('show_thread_header').'";');

after

eval('$header = "'.$templates->get('header').'";');

then replacing

{$header}

with

{$show_thread_header}

in my show_thread template, but still no luck.
I don't know really. The plugin works for me. You are probably uploading in the wrong directory.

Also note that the show_thread doesn't exists in a default install, you are probably confusing it with showthread.

You could also use xThreads to use template prefixes for your forums, so creating foo_header will replace the header template for those forums which template prefix is foo_. But if you are having issues installing Template Conditionals this one will probably be harder to get.
Okay so my new header template is working. The problem is that {$thread['subject']} doesn't work outside of the showthread template.

How do I make it a global function so that I can use it in my new header?
Go the Template Conditionals way. Get it working.
(2015-03-14, 07:04 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Go the Template Conditionals way. Get it working.

Okay so I got the plugin working. I had to convert the 7z file into a zip then extract the php file from there and install it.

So I tried the code you gave me and all it did was remove the header completely. I didn't get an error though, so I'm assuming the plugin is working.
In showthread template replace {$header} with:
<?=str_replace($theme['logo'], 'FUAHAHAHAHA!', $header)?>
Still no header. Undecided
Pages: 1 2