MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with merge from VBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For UPDATE SEE BELOW

Hello.

I was struggling through this, but now it appears I hit a wall.

What I am trying to do:

Replace a VBulletin Forum v4 hosted on dreamhost, to a MyBB forum hosted on my own server (SME Server v9).

Only a Linux/CentOS beginner, I was able to set it all up, and the MyBB forum (v 1.84) is running just fine. This was a bit of a challenge, but I managed in the end.

Where I am stuck is the MERGE from the VBulletin MySQL database to the MyBB database.

What I have done:

- export database to one big file xxxx.sql (about 1 GB)
- I managed to 'import' the database in SME Server after creating a new database using the command:  "mysql databasename < /path/to/sql/file"
- running the MyBB Merge system works up until the second step; i.e. DATABASE CONFIGURATION works, but the next step "Users Dependencies" fails with:

=====
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
   1146 - Table 'hv20.hv20user' doesn't exist
Query:
   SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM hv20user
=====

I believe -but am not sure- if it has something to do with a wrong or corrupted "Table Prefix". Where and how does one set the prefix? Was this at the creation point of the database back in VBulletin, or is this done during export from Vbulletin? I am confused there.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers,
narvik

UPDATE:

I am still working on this, and may have found a problem previously not noticed. Running the command mysql> show tables; only yields 202 rows and stops alphabetically at hv20postindex. this would indicate that hv20.hv20user really doesn't exist.

This is therefore likely not a MyBB issue but an issue with either the EXPORT of the SQL file at DREAMHOST or an import issue on the SME server. Any help still much appreciated, but apparently nothing [much] to do with the functionality of the MyBB Merge system....

I'll keep trying....

Okay, it all seems to work well. Some [VERY] minor things I noticed so far, but KUDOS to all who made MyBB and the MERGE system.

I'm still currently rebuilding & recounting, but it looks much better and was MUCH easier than I initially thought.
My main issues were NOT MyBB related but namely:

1) Incomplete export of MySQl from dreamhost
and
2) Steep learning curve (for me) with getting SME Server set up correctly

I might post final results, but this is what I imported:

Users: 36,613
Forums: 33
Forum Permissions: 42
Moderators: 10
Threads: 45,005
Attachments: 18,010
Polls: 123
Poll Votes: 5,701
Private Messages: 84,910

Cheers, and again, thanks for all the good work!!!!