MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide errors being shown during registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

This is what is shown at the top, during registration, when someone doesn't select a optional field:

[Image: 121yefb.jpg]

How do I fix this? It shouldn't be an error, as the field is optional - not required. And even if it was required, which it isn't, I don't want the error to be shown this way.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
ACP->Config->Server & Optimization Settings. Hide Errors & Warnings. I would recommend logging the errors though so it can be easier to figure out what is going on.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did that already, but still see the errors. I only see the errors when I show language options as checkboxes or multioption selection in registration page. When nothing is selected/checked, that's when the errors show. And the number of error messages matches the number of options/languages. When I remove the language option, there isn't a problem.

Here is my server settings:

[Image: 6z5uz9.jpg]

I still see the errors. But I don't want to remove the languages. I want them on the registration page. I don't have a problem with other field types. Appears only checkboxes and multiselection field types!
I believe this was a MyBB bug when I last tested, I don't remember how to reproduce it though (something connected with checkboxes/radios). You can open the error.log file to find out the exact warning. Please provide it.
(2015-03-16, 12:20 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this was a MyBB bug when I last tested, I don't remember how to reproduce it though (something connected with checkboxes/radios). You can open the error.log file to find out the exact warning. Please provide it.

Yeah I will do that. I had emptied the file, and will provide it once it has info.

It only happens to me when I include a checkbox or multi-selection options on registration. I haven't experienced any problems with the other options apart from these two.

Thanks for the reply.
(2015-03-16, 12:20 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this was a MyBB bug when I last tested, I don't remember how to reproduce it though (something connected with checkboxes/radios). You can open the error.log file to find out the exact warning. Please provide it.

I think this was it:

[16-Mar-2015 02:16:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12

[16-Mar-2015 02:16:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:16:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:16:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:16:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:16:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:17:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
[16-Mar-2015 02:17:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'DB_Base' not found in /home/yafin/public_html/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 12
Run the file verification tool. Any files that are changed not including those in the /install directory should be reuploaded.
Ok. I ran the tool, here is the results:

install/images/active.png Missing
install/images/inactive.png Missing
install/images/index.html Missing
install/images/submit_bg.png Missing
install/images/tcat.png Missing
install/images/thead.png Missing
install/index.php Missing
install/resources/adminoptions.xml Missing
install/resources/adminviews.xml Missing
install/resources/index.html Missing
install/resources/language.lang.php Missing
install/resources/mybb_theme.xml Missing
install/resources/mybb_theme_colors.xml Missing
install/resources/mysql_db_inserts.php Missing
install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/output.php Missing
install/resources/pgsql_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/settings.xml Missing
install/resources/sqlite_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/tasks.xml Missing
install/resources/upgrade1.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade10.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade11.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade12.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade13.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade14.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade15.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade16.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade17.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade18.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade19.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade2.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade20.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade21.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade22.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade23.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade24.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade25.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade26.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade27.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade28.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade29.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade3.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade30.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade31.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade32.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade4.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade5.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade6.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade7.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade8.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade9.php Missing
install/resources/usergroups.xml Missing
install/stylesheet.css Missing
install/upgrade.php

So how do I solve the problem I'm facing when adding checkbox/multi-selection as I described above?
Anyone?
The errors you provided aren't what I was looking for. Are there any other? The best thing you can do is providing the whole error.log file.
Pages: 1 2