MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prevent HTML in posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I prevent members from using HTML in posts? Or if they reply to a post with HTML in it can they be prevented from quoting HTML?

I found this plugin: HTML in Posts I does what I want but two things about it put me off. It has to be uploaded to the root directory and therefore I fear I would not readily know which files to delete if I wanted to uninstall it. Also the author says: Only subscribers at http://www.mybb-plugins.com can get support. I assume that means it's paid support only. I can't find a price on that website.

So if someone can tell me if there's another way I can make posts containing HTML but others can't that would be great.

Thank you
Where does it say anything about root directory? In the archive download in the link that you have provided is an upload folder:
- Upload
-- inc
--- plugins
---- htmlposts.php

I don't see any other files needed to upload.

But, you would need a plugin do to this.
(2015-03-15, 10:55 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]Also the author says: Only subscribers at http://www.mybb-plugins.com can get support. I assume that means it's paid support only. I can't find a price on that website.

The plugin works really well, it works in the background so don't notice that it runs. I am a subscriber on their forum, and the support is a B+. It costs $5 a month to subscribe.
(2015-03-16, 12:58 AM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]Where does it say anything about root directory? In the archive download in the link that you have provided is an upload folder:
- Upload
-- inc
--- plugins
---- htmlposts.php

I don't see any other files needed to upload.

But, you would need a plugin do to this.

In Readme.htm of the zip file for this plugin it says (source of my confusion):

Install

Upload contents of the Upload folder to the root of your MyBB installation.

Go to Admin CP -> Configuration -> Plugins and Activate "HTML in Posts"

Then go to Settings -> HTML in Posts and change anything you need.

However, after poking around in the files I see you are correct and htmlposts.php goes in the same directory as any other plugin. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

(2015-03-16, 03:39 AM)private bob4 Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works really well, it works in the background so don't notice that it runs. I am a subscriber on their forum, and the support is a B+. It costs $5 a month to subscribe.

Thanks for the input. May I ask why you subscribed?