MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Greek Language Pack for MyBB 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys!  Smile

I have just completed the Greek Language Pack for the latest MyBB 1.8.4 version.

I copied the new english language files and translated them using additionally the DimKrin's 1.6 language pack which I found in this thread.

Then, I made some refinements (misspelled words, meaningless phrases, grammar mistakes, passive voice sentences, menu glitches, etc.).

In order to make it work properly, I had to change the encoding from ANSI to UTF-8 in each language file.

Please, advice if any other changes should be made.

Thanks.

[attachment=33987]
Great.

(Με έσωσες)
Thanks Very Much

Για την νεα εκδοση 1.8.10 εχεις μεταφραση;
Is this language pack compatible with 1.8.14? I have already started to translate based on this pack and so far I have not seen any differences in the files. All I have found was just some spelling mistakes and changed "Τροποποίηση" to "επεξεργασία" and maybe do some more similar changes like this. I have also left the names of the original translators, since they have done most of the work. Thanks guys!

If this pack is not compatible, is there anyone willing to help out to translate? Either way, I will do this with or without help and upload the pack for the rest of the community. It won't be much work since most of it, if not all of it, is already translated.
(2018-02-05, 07:34 PM)Prixtis Wrote: [ -> ]Is this language pack compatible with 1.8.14? I have already started to translate based on this pack and so far I have not seen any differences in the files. All I have found was just some spelling mistakes and changed "Τροποποίηση" to "επεξεργασία" and maybe do some more similar changes like this. I have also left the names of the original translators, since they have done most of the work. Thanks guys!

If this pack is not compatible, is there anyone willing to help out to translate? Either way, I will do this with or without help and upload the pack for the rest of the community. It won't be much work since most of it, if not all of it, is already translated.

It has a few changes, yes... Not big but still.
Yes I have found a couple already. Are these changes posted anywhere? It would make translating for newer versions easier and quicker.
(2018-02-05, 08:37 PM)Prixtis Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have found a couple already. Are these changes posted anywhere? It would make translating for newer versions easier and quicker.

I'd suggest you updating forum version, uploading old translation to it and going in acp to edit translations with English.
You will have red color of border around that textareas which are changed. Also, you will have something at each document to see if something is changed inside or not... Smile
Thanks I will keep that in mind Smile
If you have any other question or something feel free to ask Smile

Glad we have one new translator around here Smile
The translation was done by the OP and another person. I'm just filling in the gaps with the new lines. So I guess I'm not really a translator. But I will share when I am done.
Pages: 1 2