MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: db Eror after install myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When ever i try to install myBB in single user mod noone cant register on wordpress site and i cant dell user from user list... get same eror:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Someone HELPPPP!!!!
Your settings for the database connection are wrong, check your DB infos to match what you need.
(2015-03-16, 12:50 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Your settings for the database connection are wrong, check your DB infos to match what you need.

Hm ..there ewerything loking good.. Tabeles r instaled  and username/passwd match.. In my PHPMysql tabeles.. wp_zing_mybb  Y But myBB did not impot any user from wordpress  ...forum work... but whenewer someone wana register on site he got a msg:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And if I wana del user in Wordpress dashboard i got same msg
You really use the root user to connect to your database ? Dangerous ! Don't mistake between the user you use to connect to phpMyAdmin and the user who really access the database.
Check your wordpress config file, I'm quite sure it's another user (and password). And use the same user/pass for MyBB than for wordpress, or grant usage to your MyBB user to the wordpress table.
(2015-03-16, 01:58 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You really use the root user to connect to your database ? Dangerous ! Don't mistake between the user you use to connect to phpMyAdmin and the user who really access the database.
Check your wordpress config file, I'm quite sure it's another user (and password). And use the same user/pass for MyBB than for wordpress, or grant usage to your MyBB user to the wordpress table.

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //

/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'baza_1');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'yum');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', '*********');

and......myBB

<?php

/**
 * Database configuration
 * Please see the MyBB Wiki for advanced
 * database configuration for larger installations
 * http://wiki.mybb.com/
 */

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = 'baza_1';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'wp_zing_mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'yum';
$config['database']['password'] = '*********';

Sure its not real passwd.. But I dont seen any conflict ...UHHHHH Huh  And its not "root" user

root users and passwd r for all servers 
Well, really strange.
I guess you use a plugin to link MyBB with the WP base, didn't you forget another setting ?
(2015-03-16, 02:30 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, really strange.
I guess you use a plugin to link MyBB with the WP base, didn't you forget another setting ?

yes I try make diferent base for myBB... but than "redict........"  and nothing emty base.

Yes I use wordpress plugin.. when I put  forum in : MyBB mode

ewerything work fine
Which plugin do you use ?

P.S. : I can't test anything until tonight
(2015-03-16, 02:56 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Which plugin do you use ?

P.S. : I can't test anything until tonight

I use 1.6.8 
But with ewery plugin is same,,i like myBB forum and I trying to install it,,,,but no sucsess
I ask you the plugin(s) you use to connect MyBB and wordpress, not your MyBB version.
Pages: 1 2