MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden Error When Posting, need some help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! So I'm running into a bit of an emergency over here. I woke up this morning and it seems that no one can post in my forums anymore. Whenever someone posts, the following error shows up:

403 Forbidden

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've tried running a tables check from the Admin CP and nothing showed up. I've tried going into phpmyadmin and repairing all of the tables in my forum, that did nothing. I tried optimizing the tables in my forum and that also did nothing.

Not really sure what to do with a forum that nobody can post on, and I'd really, really appreciate some help. Thanks so much!
The trouble is not in the database, it looks like some files were deleted in your MyBB root.
(2015-03-16, 02:00 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]The trouble is not in the database, it looks like some files were deleted in your MyBB root.

Well, that's fantastic, how the heck does that happen?

Can I upgrade to 1.8 without having a full file list in 1.6? Would my best option here be to re-download 1.6 and re-upload the missing files, or would it be smartest to upgrade to 1.8? I don't want my custom made theme and my hard-to-find plugins to start malfunctioning, though, when I upgrade.
though it doesn't seem to be a missing files issue
I'd suggest to run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel

ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders.

you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files pack of your forum's version.
(if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)
Also I guess my other question is how do I find which files I'm missing? I did a file check from my ACP but all that showed up was a couple of files from the /install directory. Is that even important anymore?
^ you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the referred issue
(2015-03-16, 02:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the referred issue

Thanks. I think before I do that I'm just going to try upgrading from 1.62 to the latest version of Mybb 1.6

Then, if that doesn't work, I will do that. Thank you so much for your offer to help.

Now, when I'm trying to upload files to my FTP server I'm getting permission denied errors. Is this a sign of some deep-rooted issue with my host provider?
Try disabling mod_security using .htaccess.
(2015-03-16, 02:43 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling mod_security using .htaccess.

I'm not sure what that means, nor how to do that  Undecided
some web hosts do not allow this yet you can try adding below code in .htaccess file
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

edit: see also Mod Security
Pages: 1 2