MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help - Cannot Install (have read stickys, docs etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I dl MyBB 'day before yesterday and have tried to get it working since... to no avail.
My first attempt went this way: I dl MyBB and tried using it via the free hosting service biz.nf. I followed all instructions, ul everything via Filezilla to my directory at my url (www.bestclanintheuniverse.com) and then tried the install... I went to my main url and the first page of the "Install" process came up... however... when I tried "Next" I could not get it to work. I tried a few times and a few ways but nothing... So I assumed it was being blocked/stopped because of the "free" hosting limitations.
So... I bought hosting through hostmetro.com.
I then tried the same process (ul via Filezilla) to the directory... I went to my url and nada. I then tried pointing to the directory at my url and nada. I then tried pointing to the "install" via the directory at url and nada. **I have some photos (screenshots I will be posting for reference)**
My hosting services tells me that my "home directory" is /home/bestclan.... However, it tells me that directory is not visable to visitors of the url and that anything visible must be at "public_html" (which is showing up along with the MyBB folders in my "home directory".... but no matter what I try after my url.... I cannot get this to install... at least at the free hosting service it brought up the first MyBB Install page! Can someone please help me?

**edit** Yes, my DNS Nameservers have been updated and are correct at my domain**
**edit** Yes, I did rename the config.php file... Also, there is something in the "Install" doc that says "Certain file permissions are required for MyBB to function correctly" - but it does not say what files and exactly what permissions? ...only tells you how to update permissions.

Thank you in advance

Here are some photos of errors, my cP etc:
if you need direct help you can PM me temporary access to your web host panel to check
re-upload or MOVE all files to INSIDE the "public_html" folder
.m. - I have sent you a PM

Vanz - I tried that too and pointed to /home/bestclan/public_html as well as /home/bestclan/public_html/install
as @Vanz suggested, there was a mistake in uploading files and it is fixed now
forum files exist in public_html folder (it is the main / root folder for web site)
I know I tried that to... I'm 'most positive I did... perhaps I didn't change that file name or something when I did it... IDK... But *thank you very much .m.!