MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the least invasive upgrade possible? I updated from 1.8 to 1.8.4 and I lost some features I added like showing user avatar on forum post listing and custom icons for new posts, etc.

I immediately downgraded to get back the work I put in.
I think you have to check your templates after upgrading
(2015-03-17, 09:22 AM)jflanden Wrote: [ -> ]What is the least invasive upgrade possible?

The only requirement is to follow the upgrade guide carefully.. Custom icons for new posts shouldn't have changed during 1.8->1.8.4 upgrade under any circumstance. Unless you overwrite the default image after modifying it..

And going back is not a solution - you may get hacked easily when using 1.8 and lose even more.
Crazyc Wrote:I think you have to check your templates after upgrading

Some of my template changes go through the update but a few things like what I mentioned in my first post get changed.

(2015-03-17, 07:28 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-17, 09:22 AM)jflanden Wrote: [ -> ]What is the least invasive upgrade possible?

The only requirement is to follow the upgrade guide carefully.. Custom icons for new posts shouldn't have changed during 1.8->1.8.4 upgrade under any circumstance. Unless you overwrite the default image after modifying it..

And going back is not a solution - you may get hacked easily when using 1.8 and lose even more.

I checked and saw that my custom inage for new posts, for example, was still in the image folder but it went back to the default. Also avatars being shown on threads before you click on the thread was removed after updating.

Thank you for reply.