MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation questions - please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded the new release but it only contains the upgrade files. Where do I get the version with the install file? Since this will be a first time install on my system

thanks in advance
I've already downloaded that file, but when I uploaded it onto my server I didn't see an install file on there.

Don't you usually type in install.php into the web browser to get started?
it's all in the install directory! You would type something like www.yoursite/yourforum/install

if you were upgrading, it would be www.yoursite/yourforum/install/upgrade.php, but you've already said this is a clean install!
OK, last question I just type install not install.php? so I would type www.mysite/mybb_123/Upload/install/install ?
This is the error I get when I type in the exact url that I was told. It seem as though the install.php file didn't come with the download file? There was only an install.html file when I unpacked the zip.

Warning: main(/homepages/18/d157740431/htdocs/mybb_123/Upload/inc/class_core.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/18/d157740431/htdocs/mybb_123/Upload/install/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/homepages/18/d157740431/htdocs/mybb_123/Upload/inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/18/d157740431/htdocs/mybb_123/Upload/install/index.php on line 16
Have you got the right download? There is no 'install.html' or 'install.php' included with the MyBB package. It's index.php in the install directory. Second you were not supposed to upload the 'Upload' folder, you were supposed to upload the files in the 'Upload' folder to your site unless you wanted it that way. Third, it looks like some files are missing. Make sure you uploaded all the files.
Thanks for the detailed response Tikitiki, I'll check this out now. I've tried out other PHP boards and they all started with install.php, then when the board was created I used the index.php to get the main page of my board.

I'm so confused, sorry.
OK, I deleted the folder from my server and started over again. This time I didn't upload the Upload folder, I took everything out and put it into the main folder and then went to the browser and the install page came up. I'm going to go through the install process and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for now.

Edit: update

The install process was successful, the only thing is it says to delete the lock file but I looked everywhere but can't find it.