MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attaching .ZIP problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble with attachments once again. This time, whenever I attempt to attach a ~15MB .zip file to a thread in a subforum, I get an "Invalid Thread" message.

This one is really odd. I have already ensured that my attachment types allow zip files up to 50MB, and I've upped the upload_max_filesize in my php.ini to 800M. (I have reset apache repeatedly, so the new values should be locked in.)

I can attach other smaller, custom filetypes (such as .xls files, etc.), but I cannot get that ZIP to attach.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Did you also up the maximum POST request size in php.ini?

(You can check the values using the PHP info page in the Admin CP)
No... I left that at 8MB. (I wasn't sure whether I should touch that one.) How high should I put it if I've allowed 800M for an upload - 800MB too? (I'm allowing people on my LAN to share CD ISOs for Linux, etc.)

Anyway, thanks a ton for answering my questions and for such a GREAT product Chris! This really is sweet!
Yeh, you should put it at 800MB (or a little over 800 to allow for overhead). So you need to change your post_max_size to 800 mb.
Thank you guys very much! We'll give it a shot.