MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To do list / task manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone, 

i am user of mybb and i am really happy to know that mybb 2.0 many feature in core that are mostly required . thanks mybb team / management and we always love and respect your work . once again mighty thanks Smile.

it is my personal opinion that mybb should have to do list ( or name can be change )  in core features for team only . 

why ?

admin & mods have to do lot of thing while running a community / board or forum . for example advertisement posting addition of forum , new theme bla bla bla . 

it can be great reminder , admin or mod can view progress of each task that has been assign to any mod or admin . admin or super mod can assign task to any of mod .

it can be very handy for admin .

more features can be discuss .

BR
Mujeeb
I don't think that would fit in the core. But I'm pretty sure someone will write a plugin for it Wink
(2015-03-19, 12:51 PM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone, 

i am user of mybb and i am really happy to know that mybb 2.0 many feature in core that are mostly required . thanks mybb team / management and we always love and respect your work . once again mighty thanks Smile.

it is my personal opinion that mybb should have to do list ( or name can be change )  in core features for team only . 

why ?

admin & mods have to do lot of thing while running a community / board or forum . for example advertisement posting addition of forum , new theme bla bla bla . 

it can be great reminder , admin or mod can view progress of each task that has been assign to any mod or admin . admin or super mod can assign task to any of mod .

it can be very handy for admin .

more features can be discuss .

BR
Mujeeb

I usually use the Administrator Notes in the Admin CP for the "To Do" and "Reminder" bits. If you need to post reminders or tasks for mods and global/super mods, the Mod CP has it's own Moderator Notes that are globally shared between users with Mod CP access. I can see a more robust "to do / reminder" feature would come in handy for huge boards, but it's certainly not core feature worthy. There just isn't a high demand for the kind of task delegation features you're looking for (or sounds like your requesting).

Definitely a good plugin idea though!
I usually just set up a forum where only staff can view it and then delegate tasks there. Each staff member starts their own thread and subscribes to it.
same i am doing right now , but requesting this feature reminds particular user to complete his/ her task . as private forum is for discussion or debate before confirmation that it should be or should not be , after confirmation admin or super user should have rights to assign a task to particular user or admin . that was my thinking Smile but i think most of users don't want this so better ignore this suggestion Wink