MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limiting the Number of Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an option to limit the number of admins? I want the main admin (which would be me) to be allowed to access the admins permissions page and such. I want the second admin to be allowed to create new users, categories/forums, and so on, but I do not want him/her to be able to create another admin user and then go into the admins permissions page and screw everything up. If there is anyway around this please let me know, thanks.
Hi.

Go to Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Admin Premissions

Click on admin of who you want to edit permissions, and edit them.
Note that if you give someone the Can Manage Users Permission they are able to change member's usergroups at will. Not giving them this permission makes it so they can't create new users.
Are you using 1.8.4?
Because I actually have this option
(2015-03-19, 07:36 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

I have figured that out but the problem is that they can still go and create a new admin user and then that new admin account can access admin permissions. Also I don't want to disable admins creating new users. 

(2015-03-20, 02:29 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using 1.8.4?

I am working on updating it to 1.8.4 so I'll pm you when it is finished. Defiantly would like to have that option implemented. Thanks.  Smile  
(2015-03-20, 05:07 PM)gdeyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-19, 07:36 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

I have figured that out but the problem is that they can still go and create a new admin user and then that new admin account can access admin permissions. Also I don't want to disable admins creating new users. 

(2015-03-20, 02:29 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using 1.8.4?

I am working on updating it to 1.8.4 so I'll pm you when it is finished. Defiantly would like to have that option implemented. Thanks.  Smile  

Until a plugin that is released to fix this issue, or unless the developers update MyBB itself, then there isn't a way to bypass this.