MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Being Blocked from Postin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have my forum near completion and wanted to test it by placing a post.  After I successfully log into the forum, I click on the forum I want to post on, and am getting this message:

Quote:Password Required
The administrator has required it so that a password is required for access to this forum.

How can it be that I login successfully, and then need a password to post ?
How can I turn this off, to allow posting after logging in ?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Edit that forum in ACP, leave the password input blank.
Omar G:

Thank you very much for your help here -- very much appreciated.

I went to my ACP dashboard and:

Configuration ---> Board Settings ---> Login & Registration Options  

On that options page, I deleted what I had for both max and min password lengths.   Then hit SAVE.

I still cannot post, after I successfully log into my forum.  What did I do wrong ?
I meant the forum password in this area:
http://docs.mybb.com/assets/images/1.6/e...um_Add.png

Revert the settings you modified back to its previous values.
ACP --> Forums & Posts --> (the forum you want to edit) -> Options in its menu --> blank the Forum Password, as seen in the screenshot Omar posted above.
Thank you Josh and Omar.

I did blank the Forum Password as you directed here.  And then SAVE'd that change.  It is still asking for a password before I can post, AFTER successful login to the forum.

I noticed that when I am at the ACP --> Forums & Posts, and click on one of the forums that are shown on the indexing map, message comes back that there is no forum.  So I go back to Options --> edit, to make sure that "Forum" radio button is selected (NOT the "Category" radio button), and yes, the forums are selected as "Forums". 

Is there anything else I can try ?

Thank you very much.
Our WordPress website, with MyBB forum, was nearing completion, likely less than two weeks from launching.  Then we asked someone to test by registering, logging on, and posting.  She successfully logged in, but then was not able to post.  Clicking on any sub-forum, brings up message:

Quote:The administrator has required it so that a password is required for access to this forum.

Everything suggested to allow posting was tried.
"Forum Password" was blanked.
At both Category and primary forum levels, I changed all permissions to the default levels -- NO custom permissions. 
The Admin password was reset to a new password.

The one activated member was completely DELETED.
She then re-registered, and was activated by the Administrator.
She then logged in and tried to post on a sub-forum, and the same message show above again appeared.

My host was enlisted to help, but after a week, they gave up.

Since all of the "Forum Password" settings are blanked, I do not know from where administrator requirement is originating.

After working for almost two weeks to enable ability to post on my forum, deperation is setting in.  I like MyBB, so changing to another forum is NOT an option unless there is just no other way.  At this point, I am willing to try just about anything . . .
PM me a testing admin account so that I can check.
Activated members still cannot post -- issue is unchanged from the preceeding thread.

I have lowered my expectations . . . no fancy theme, or the like.  The ONLY need that is blocking me from launching my forum is the inability to post forum messages.

ANY help to enable forum posting would be apprecited more than you can ever know . . .