MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to apply moderation options to a particular thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Support Team,

In Moderation Options - Edit settings for forum - we have options including Moderate New Posts and Moderate New Threads. This applies to the whole selected forum. Now, is it possible to restrict this action to New Posts for a particular thread only in prevent it from applying the Moderation Options for all other threads in that selected forum.
The idea is that I have Forum for translation, for my students, and each week I put a couple of new translation exercises and I need to have their newly posted translations kept invisible for a certain period. But I have noticed that whatever translations that are posted in my older exercises become invisible to my students which is not what I want. So how can I apply the "Moderate New posts" apply only to the last exercise (thread).
Here is a link to the forum in question:
http://www.edcu.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

I will really be grateful if somebody can tell me how to handle this, or, at least, how trick the system!

Thanks a million in advance

Regards
maatty
I'm not sure I quite understand.

You want a plugin that will keep posts in a certain forum invisible for exactly x amount of time before they show up?

Whats this about being posted in your 'older exercises' and them becoming invisible. Can you elaborate on that more?
Tikitiki Wrote:You want a plugin that will keep posts in a certain forum invisible for exactly x amount of time before they show up?
Whats this about being posted in your 'older exercises' and them becoming invisible. Can you elaborate on that more?

Dear Tikitiki
In my translation sub-forum, I have set the "Moderate New Posts" in Moderation options to "yes". This makes posts "invisible" to all posters until they are approved. The idea is that I don't want students to see what others have posted till I approve them all in a particular pre-fixed date which I announced at the beginning of the each new exercisel. Now, suppose I finished with "Exercise 1", and started "Exercise 2", the "moderate new posts" will still apply to Exercise 1 (+Exercise 2 of course) while I want it to apply only to Exercise 2 and cancel this "moderate new posts" for new posts in Exercise 1 because it's already being made visible and there is no point in moderating new posts in it. So it's like this:

"Moderate New Posts" for Exercise 1 => On day X all topics are approved. Once all topics are approved they become visible to all students. At this point I want the "Moderate New Posts" to turn off. Then I start Exercise 2 with the ""Moderate New Posts" turned on.
Now the competition in Exercise 1 is already over and I don't want new posts to have this option of having to be approved first. But the ""Moderate New Posts" still applies to the whole subforum and not to new posts in the latest Exercise.
Hope you got my point. Just need to know whether this ""Moderate New Posts" can apply to a particular thread and not to a whole forum or sub-forum.

Thanks for your concern.

Best regards
Mohamed