MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove extra bracket appeared in forum post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. This might be an easy question for some, but how do I edit the template and remove the extra "}" there? I noticed it after installing plugins and uninstalling does not fix the problem. It appeared on most themes I have. Thanks.

[Image: QjwJfTO.png]
It looks like you can find that in your postbit template:
Home » Template Sets » Your Template Name » Edit Template: postbit
From memory this is caused by a Thanks plugin.
If you deactivate and then later on re-activate you will end up with multiple }.

If you still have the Thanks plugin activated, de-activate it first.
(You could uninstall but this will remove any previous Thanks data)

If you are simply deactivating, go to your templates and edit postbit_classic

Look at the bottom of this and you will see:

<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['like']}{$post['thanks']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</div>{$post['lkedsp_outline']}{$post['thxdsp_outline']}
</div>
I have copied this from mine which doesn't have the error but if you compare with yours you should see an erroneous }. Either delete it or copy mine.

You can then edit the thx.php

Find:

Quote:find_replace_templatesets("postbit_classic", '#button_delete_pm([^\<]*)<\/div>#is', 'button_delete_pm$1}$2</div>{$post[\'thxdsp_outline\']}');
then change to:
Quote:find_replace_templatesets("postbit_classic", '#button_delete_pm([^\<]*)<\/div>#is', 'button_delete_pm$1$2</div>{$post[\'thxdsp_outline\']}');