MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page load time and an sql error (_ _)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, we have been experiencing these issues for three days now.
My stupid hosting service isn't even responding so I am a bit lost.
Can you guys help me with the mybb-2013 internal sql error?

I know that it isn't that simple....but I haven't created a backup for a very long time and now I don't know what to do.....
If you're on shared hosting you'll have to have your web host fix it for you.
(2015-03-25, 03:08 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on shared hosting you'll have to have your web host fix it for you.

Well, I have been trying to reach them...but no use (_ _)
That's why I am here so that someone might give me some sort of tips, regarding this error.
By the way, I am using godaddy hosting.
Depending on how many posts you are calling that order by rand can be a very expensive query. Try disabling that plugin. Shared hosting dont like badly optimised plugins Smile
(2015-03-25, 03:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on how many posts you are calling that order by rand can be a very expensive query.  Try disabling that plugin. Shared hosting dont like badly optimised plugins Smile

Err...what plugin? 
I am sorry but I am not really familiar with mybb Sad
Something you have installed is making it use a query to get a random result from the posts table. Tbh, I'm not even sure if using ORDER BY RAND() even works when you have table joins. Much better would be to retrieve multiple records then use PHP to pick a random result.
(2015-03-25, 05:00 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Something you have installed is making it use a query to get a random result from the posts table.  Tbh, I'm not even sure if using ORDER BY RAND() even works when you have table joins.  Much better would be to retrieve multiple records then use PHP to pick a random result.

that's the random function right...."advanced sidebox" for a random post (_ _)
Anyway, thanks guys Smile