MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting some threads causes white screen (misc.php)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get a TON of spam on my forum. I have 5 spam plugins and they don't seem to do jack. Anyway, because of this, I am forced to delete spam posts when they pop up and I have a recurring and EXTREMELY annoying issue.

This doesn't happen every time and I can find no discernable pattern, but intermittently, when I attempt to delete a thread, the site will take me to misc.php and just show me a white screen. Repeated attempts to delete said thread, even using different methods, result in the same effect.  Other threads delete ok, but these particular threads are completely undeletable by conventional methods. I even have goodbyespammer installed and that will hang on any account with these undeletable threads as well.

The only way for me to delete them is to go into the raw database on phpmyadmin, find the thread id in the database and delete it manually. Talk about a complete pain in the lime.

Please tell me this is a known issue with some sort of fix. It's making administrating mybb forums unbearable and my next step is to leave mybb for a different forum if I can't resolve this.

Also, please tell me there is some form of spam protection that actually WORKS.  My forum is not even popular yet I get 100s of spam accounts signing up each week.
what is the exact version of MyBB your forum is using and can you give the names of spam related plugins you are using
also can we have your forum url
http://forum.ballingerathleticperformance.com
v1.6.14
Automatic Website Removal
Bad Behavior
Fassim Anti Spam
Goodbye Spammer
Stop Forum Spam
Registration Security Question
Any ideas? This is making it impossible to use my forum effectively. Most of my boards are behind private forums but these public ones get smashed with spammers constantly. I really need to figure this out... thank you.