MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I use MyBB 1.6 or 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never used MyBB before but I'm looking to do a forum with paid subscriptions and I found MySubscriptions by EthanD only it's for 1.6. I'm wondering if there's anything like that for 1.8, or should I just download 1.6 and use that mod? THANKS!
if you like using latest version of MyBB then freely available plugins & themes are available at Extend section

you may find some better plugins & themes at a couple of external sites related to MyBB (eg.)
It prolly works on 1.8 without any issues, simply change the compat like in the plugin file to like 18*.
I suggest using the most recent 1.6 version because integration is there and 1.8 doesn't add much that is new.
Unless you're prepared to be stuck with 1.6 forever, I'd go with 1.8 for any new forum.

The 1.6 -> 1.8 update can be a bit of a hassle, for old forums this can't be avoided, for new ones it's just an unnecessary headache.
(03-27-2015, 04:33 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're prepared to be stuck with 1.6 forever, I'd go with 1.8 for any new forum.

The 1.6 -> 1.8 update can be a bit of a hassle, for old forums this can't be avoided, for new ones it's just an unnecessary headache.

This is the best advice.

Also, 1.8 has a LOT of seriously neat plugins.
Thanks, ppl, I will get 1.8!
Also, MySubscriptions has been just released for 1.8 (it's awaiting validation on the new mods site): http://community.mybb.com/thread-123597.html