MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Forums by Paul H. removes plugin directory in Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=426

I dropped inc/hideforums.php into my plugin folder and my plugins page in Admin CP became blank. It looks like the attached screen shot.

If I remove the file from my forum, my plugin directory becomes visible again.
PHP error log told me the problem on line 46: 
Quote:PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /d1/users/x/public_html/x/inc/plugins/hideforums.php on line 46

I fixed the problem by Googling call-time pass-by-reference has been removed and got directed to this tutorial which helped: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/89712...-available

Line 46:

$PL->edit_core("hideforums","inc/functions_forumlist.php",&$edits,true);

I removed & before $edits
so is the issue resolved and the plugin working now ? has it fulfilled your requirement ?
(2015-03-28, 02:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]so is the issue resolved and the plugin working now ? has it fulfilled your requirement ?

Yes, it works, but I am still waiting for Paul H. to respond to tell me how to use the plugin. There are no instructions provided so I don't know how to submit a CSV list of forums.

Instructions should be required to submit plugins.
you might be knowing that categories and forums have numerical IDs
you have to use those IDs belonging to the forums (which you want to hide from index)
use comma to separate the forum IDs

for eg. if you want to hide forums with Ids 2 , 21 , 32 then put 2,21,32
(2015-03-28, 03:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you might be knowing that categories and forums have numerical IDs
you have to use those IDs belonging to the forums (which you want to hide from index)
use comma to separate the forum IDs

for eg. if you want to hide forums with Ids 2 , 21 , 32 then put 2,21,32
That was what I thought, too, but it is not right.
The plugin tries to edit a core file searching for a string that is not there anymore. Probably the file changed in 1.8.