MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spammers Attack on my site How to Prevent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me I am have a lot of spam post by spammers. In one day 3000 visitors visited my site. They are still on my site. So many registrations in one day. I am afraid what to do to prevent my site from these bots and spammers.

I am using mybb version 1.8.3.

So many plugins are not working I am trying to install but I found a lot of errors. Unable to install reCaptcha as well.
are guests allowed to post ? which plugins you have tried to prevent spam ?
no guest are not allowed.
I'd suggest to use Required Approvals plugin (make it compatible with MyBB 1.8 if required) and put first 5 or 3 posts in moderation
How to put first 5 or 3 posts in moderation?
Here are some of the ways we slow down spammers on our forum:

1. StopForumSpam - find this in your mybb configuration tab and change settings to suit your specific needs.
2. Security Questions - find this in your mybb configuration tab.
3. Good old ban hammer - purge & ban accounts as they come in. Accounts logging in from multiple IPs, same patterns as other spammers, odd email accounts - are indicators.
4. Cloudflare - I hear also helps reduce spam in addition to securing the site to some extent.

I'm sure others will chime in with more ways to reduce spam.
Required Approvals plugin settings has provision to put first few posts (eg. 5) in moderation