MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide forums from index but use them on portal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to hide forum(s) on the index but still be able to display the content on Portal? I want members to be able to read and respond to the threads too. I've tried Paul H.'s Hide Forums plugin but it does not work. Is there an alternative plugin or core settings for this?

Unchecking the access options (active/open) does not work.

Thank you.
hide forums plugin should work. which theme you are using & can we have your forum URL
which forums you want to hide & have you checked whether the plugin is working on MyBB's stock theme ?
(2015-03-27, 04:53 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]hide forums plugin should work. which theme you are using & can we have your forum URL
which forums you want to hide & have you checked whether the plugin is working on MyBB's stock theme ?

The failure of Hide Forums is not related with my theme because I can't even install the plugin. I am not allowed to post my forum on MyBB community forums but I will send you a link in PM.
I use xThreads to hide the forums from the forum bits. It is a forum setting added by it.
You could also use CSS to hide the forums in the breadcrumbs and on the index/subforums.
Responding to PM here Smile

CSS will not hide the forums on view source; its just display, but reading your post that is what you want.

You need to edit the forumbit depth2 forum template. Assuming it is close to default you can make the opening tr have an id:
<tr id="fid_{$forum['fid']}">
This will create an id for the forum of fid_(number of forum). Lets assume the forum fids are 1 and 2, so that would be fid_1 and fid_2.

Then, in your global css you can add the rule

#fid_1,  #fid_2  {
display:none;
}

Hidden Big Grin