MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been incurring a problem logging on. When I log on, I log on successfully, but as soon as I get back to my Forum it greets me as a guest, not as the administrator. Meaning, it logs me off. I checked my cookie settings and they seem to be right. How can I fix this? I'll never be able to get started at this rate...Sad
IF you're sure your cookie settings are correct in the ACP, try a different browser to rule out some screwy browser setting.
Sorry, for the double post. But, no it seems as if it can't. It saves my username and password, but only returns me as a guest when I'm redirected to the mainpage. Is their some kind of remember me option or something?
How long of a period do you "wait" before it logs you out?
Not long at all. I'd say about a few seconds at most. The exact message is the log in message "You have been successfully logged in." Right after that message I'm returned to the main page as a guest.
Your cookie settings are set wrong. See this: [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
How would I edit this though? I only encountered that screen that asks for cookie domain and path during installation.

Edit: Oh never mind I see. General Configuration is the one. And I used the cookie tool to help me determine those. So, if done correctly. I think it should be working.

Edit2: Problem solved. You can now close this topic.