MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you use reputation on your forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you use your forum's core reputation system, if you use it at all?

Is it left untouched?
Do you use alternatives to the rep system like Rate Me a Funny? Or something like OUGC Custom Reputation that gives rep on a post-basis?
Is it entirely disabled, and for what reason?
I'm using MyLikes on my forums which is basically the reputation system with some customizations
I entirely disabled reputation on my forums, for many reasons.
The main is that I don't want any notation system of the users, I prefer a notation of the threads which is more significative. I consider that the important thing in a forum is the content, not who gave the content.

But my forums are small (around 500 registered members) and I don't try to have the biggest forum, I just want to have interesting forums.

On a large forum, I'd used "Thank you/like" plugin, but attached to the post and not to the user.
(2015-03-30, 08:40 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I entirely disabled reputation on my forums, for many reasons.
The main is that I don't want any notation system of the users, I prefer a notation of the threads which is more significative. I consider that the important thing in a forum is the content, not who gave the content.

But my forums are small (around 500 registered members) and I don't try to have the biggest forum, I just want to have interesting forums.

On a large forum, I'd used "Thank you/like" plugin, but attached to the post and not to the user.

I like that.
I don't use it...
I prefer not to use it. There is too much potential for abuse.
Interesting. I have used reputation systems, but after reading through the posts in this thread, I might look for an alternative solution.
(2015-03-30, 09:42 PM)nollidnosnhoj Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I have used reputation systems, but after reading through the posts in this thread, I might look for an alternative solution.

If you do decide to go against it, Crazycat makes a good point. I think the plugin he uses is call Rate Me a Funny. OUGC Custom Reputation is like Rate Me a Funny but it ties to rep.
(2015-03-31, 12:35 AM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 09:42 PM)nollidnosnhoj Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I have used reputation systems, but after reading through the posts in this thread, I might look for an alternative solution.

If you do decide to go against it, Crazycat makes a good point. I think the plugin he uses is call Rate Me a Funny. OUGC Custom Reputation is like Rate Me a Funny but it ties to rep.

I have used Rate Me a Funny, but it messes up the templates for postbit in private messages and forum announcements.
Nope, don't use it. I don't run a very large board and have never needed it. Plus there's the potential for abuse.