MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beginners section only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I’m not a whiz kid so hopefully my question will be clear. I have forum registered forum and within that forum there is a beginners section. The beginners can’t see the entire forum only the beginners section. I paid someone to install/do this for me but I can’t reach him anymore.
So you have two kind of registered members.

1. Members who can see all topics and post on al topics including beginners section

2. Beginner members who can only see and post on the beginners section

What do I select so that only the beginners can only see the beginners forum ? See print screen:
1. Is the person you paid someone on the MyBB forums? If he or she scammed you, report him or her in the Private Inquires section. The staff team will look into it.

2. You should be able to do this with core permission settings. Go to Forums & Posts -> Click on forums you want -> Permissions -> Drag View and Post permissions for the beginning group to the right. I may be interpreting your post incorrectly, so let me know if this isn't what you want.
1. Even if he worked for mybb and had a mybb e-mail address ? I will send him a mail through this forum. In case he doesn’t respond within a week I will mark him as a scammer. Hopefully all will be resolved and this whole situation will be just a big misunderstanding!
Update:I can’t send him a mail or pb through this forum as I’m not a buddy ? Why is this ?

2. I know this as to be done though permissions etc but I’m an idiot and lazy with computers. So for this reason I wanted this done automatically if I would add the user beginners. Then these permissions would be done automatically and they only thing I would have to do is select the new user that joined my forum, then select him as a beginner user and then activate his account. I hope you understand what I’m saying. For this reason I paid someone to do this form me!
^ unfortunately MyBB Team can't intervene with your agreement with some other person.
however you may post the details at Private Inquiries section for information to MyBB Team.

And if you can wait for few hours you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel to check your requirement.