MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two-Factor Authentication Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so I found out you guys had two-factor authentication for the ACP, which I was totally stoked about.

However it has yet to work for me. Sad

I downloaded BOTH Google Auth and Authy, (when Google didn't work I tried Authy) and they both do not work. 

I scanned the QR code after turning it on, on both apps it worked just fine. So I wanted to test it out, I logged out and entered the code given to me. Using both apps it said "Code incorrect, you have been logged out" and I swear I entered all the codes correctly. I had to use the recovery codes just to get back in. 

Basically, the apps give me the tokens after scanning the QR code, I logout, enter the token, and it says its incorrect. 

What am I doing wrong here? (Newest version of MyBB)

http://perfectstormindustries.com/community/admin
Someone reported a similar problem, but I couldn't check it yet. You may PM me a testing admin account so I can check it now that I have both apps installed.
Does this affects you _always_? On all occasions?

I sometimes get the feeling something similar happens frequently to me. It works after a second attempt though, so I just ignore it thinking I mistyped it..
(2015-03-29, 11:02 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone reported a similar problem, but I couldn't check it yet. You may PM me a testing admin account so I can check it now that I have both apps installed.

PM'ed. Smile

(2015-03-29, 11:08 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Does this affects you _always_? On all occasions?

I sometimes get the feeling something similar happens frequently to me. It works after a second attempt though, so I just ignore it thinking I mistyped it..

Yep, even after my second and third attempt.

Thanks for helping guys. Smile
I can confirm the issue. Try turning off the PIN code temporarily and check if it works then.
Still did not work. I removed the PIN, maybe it might work for you. xD
(2015-03-30, 03:51 PM)SolarCrane Wrote: [ -> ]Still did not work. I removed the PIN, maybe it might work for you. xD

Your forum is offline.

Anyways, moving to Bug Reports since it's the 2nd or 3rd complaint about it and I didn't notice any plugins which may conflict with 2FA. I'll check again with all plugins disabled once the forum is back online.
2FA is time based so probably it's an issue with that. The library has a setting/variable for time difference so provably changing would help. If so we should probably add a setting somewhere to allow changing it easily.
Really weird, never knew it was offline. o.O
I experienced the same problem here.
It happens always Confused
Pages: 1 2