MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [REQ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I have a mod request, if anyone's up to this incredible challenge.

We all know that some forum softwares have mods where you can get the postbit (username, avatar, etc) in a horizontal mode, not just vertical. Now, MyBB doesn't have one of these...

So if someone could make one that allows individual USERS to change it as a preference under Options, it'd own all. And I'd be eternally grateful.

Obviously this is just a personal preference thing, but horizontal looks better in my opinion. It's a hassle to code it into a theme, and doesn't give users the freedom of choice at all.

Just putting this request out there for someone interested with PHP skills. Thanks!
I feel bad, I forgot to finish the title after [REQ]... Just noticed that. Oops.

And I meant more like the attachment. That is horizontal, but it's a bit too Web 1.0, I'm looking for flow in my layouts.
hmm okei I think its easy to make this layout
i release it soon if i finished Confused
Ahhhh, I know that site. Smile

So, what you want, is basically the postbit templates in a vBulletin style, right? That wouldn't be too hard. You should probably just download the MyBulletin style and, don't install it, but create a new template that pretty much copies the main template, and just replace the postbits. Of course, it's probably easier said then done.
I don't want a style though. I want an option, so it could be used with any style. That's where the freedom of choice would come in~

And horizontal is actually a mod for vB, not really a standard feature. I don't want MyBB to be a vB clone. The MyBulletin theme does not use a horizontal postbit, so you could just edit the postbit for any theme and get the desired result.

And just as an FYI, I am fully capable of making themes with horizontal postbits. I had one pre-1.2.1 with the theme resets. It's just that having any theme with Vert/Hori is a nice choice.