MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Options and Moderator Options not showing in Chrome or Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

We upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8 recently. We installed the Electrik Blue theme which was built for 1.6.

The only issue we have noticed with our new theme is that the menus for the in-line thread moderation and thread options will not show in Chrome or Firefox. While signed in as an admin, when I click on either of the 2 menus in the attached screenshot, nothing appears. The menus are there as fixed in Safari. This happens on laptop, desktop and mobile browsers. The issue does not occur in Safari on my iPhone. I figure it has to be a Javascript issue. The html code seems to be compiling correctly, from what I can tell by viewing the page sourceĀ in Chrome.

The menus just do not appear, which is why I think it's an issue with the popupmenu.js or fixedmenu.js files.

Has anybody else experienced these issues? I could be wrong but I don't think this has anything to do with the version of mybb considering everything works fine in Safari on my phone, which is shown in the screenshot below.
basically you have to use a compatible theme for MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
I was hoping for an actual solution to this issue. Am I wasting my time trying to get the javascript functions to work for these popups? As I mentioned before, it works in Safari. I understand the theme wasn't built for mybb 1.8, but it seems like it might be somewhat of a simple fix.

I narrowed it down to when I "inspect element" in Chrome, the visibility says hidden, for the "threadoptions" class. In the live, working demo from the theme creator, I see visibility: visible, in the CSS, after clicking that same thread options button.

How do I figure out what this DomLib object is?

There is an error trying to get the pagesize property of it, because it doesn't exist. If it could get past this point the menu style would be set to be visible.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We cannot click on smiles and post them either. They are turned on in the settings.

Fixed....

Fixed. Deleted the DomLib.GetPageSize() call. Also turned out to be Admin Permission were all set to NO.