MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Shorten Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have recently created the rules for my upcoming forum, and I feel like it is too much. How to shorten the rules to make sure that the new users no what is/is not allowed.

http://www.tripulse.net/pages.php?page=forumrules
Quite a bit can be shortened by not repeating words and or phrases.

Reducing margin/padding will 'shorten' for certain.

Making those huge images smaller will also tidy things up.
(2015-03-30, 10:09 PM)ThemeFreaknet Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bit can be shortened by not repeating words and or phrases.

Reducing margin/padding will 'shorten' for certain.

Making those huge images smaller will also tidy things up.

If you mind, could you give an example of words and or phrases that are repeated?
You don't need to change anything. Skimming over them gives a gist of what you want (and that's just by reading the headings).
I'll start by tearing apart rule 1. You're going into a lot more detail than necessary. No spamming is perfectly fine without having to have a bunch of subpoints.

You really don't need the posting etiquette rule because most of that is covered by spam. I personally don't give out warnings to those who post a topic in the wrong forum. I simply move the thread and continue with my day. Threads are moved daily here. My personal opinion on reviving threads is that content must be on topic and add to the discussion.

Rule 5 I would just simplify to Treat Others With Respect.

Not sure if you realize this, but putting images in spoilers is still going to cause the images to load, even though they aren't visible until the user clicks the button.
Quote:You are allowed to embed at least five images in a post. Anything exceeding the amount will not be embed.

This should be up to five, not at least five or you end up contradicting yourself.