MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Comment System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess this is the best place to leave this, if it's not I apologize.

We've got a site that uses mybb for our forum and also our member database.

We have videos and hosted in a separate build, but we'd like to use the mybb user info to setup a comment and perhaps a rating system... much like what's in mybb already.

Does anyone know a way that this can be done, if it can be done at all?

If it helps, as sometimes I can't explain things super well...

We want to use user data from the mybb database to allow comments at the non-mybb section of our site and if possible also a rating system.

http://www.lowbiasgaming.net - here's where we're working if anyone wants to take a look.

Thank you very much.
Do you want your forum members to be able to comment on your articles (not hosted on the myBB platform) with their forum credentials?

One thing that comes to mind is MyBBlog but I don't think it is what you're looking for...
Depends on what system are you using for this.
Yeah, we want them to be able to comment on things they aren't hosted on myBB, but we want them to still use their mybb login and all that to help weed out spam.

The CMS we're using for the rest of the site is one we came up with ourselves. But the guy that did all the coding for us isn't available for a while so we're kinda stuck trying to figure it all out.
Does this system has a build-in authentication system? It really depends on the system. WordPress real/full user bridge is quite difficult, for example.
All the authentication stuff we've got happening is through myBB. Currently, there's nothing on the main section of the site that you need a login to actually do. Everything that isn't on the main section just gets linked to myBB.

I just want to find a way to use the myBB user info to allow people to comment/rate/whatever in the main section. Even if it's just a text box or something simple like that, they have to be logged in to do anything with it.

If that makes sense.