MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to visit the admin control panel, I get the following error:

Warning [2] require_once(/home/[redacted]/public_html/admin/inc/class_page.php): failed to open stream: Success - Line: 32 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.4.37 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/admin/index.php	32	errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php	32	require_once

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/[redacted]/public_html/admin/inc/class_page.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/[redacted]/public_html/admin/index.php on line 32

I'm upgrading from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4.

Also, when I visit www.yourdomain.com/install/ to do the upgrade script, I get a "file not found" error.
ensure that all files are uploaded to correct locations. and you can directly run upgrade script (visit ~/install/upgrade.php)
(2015-04-02, 04:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]ensure that all files are uploaded to correct locations. and you can directly run upgrade script (visit ~/install/upgrade.php)

For the files, you just directly match them by name and upload them? So for the "admin" folder, upload that to public_html/admin/, "inc" to public_html/admin/admin/inc, etc.. If so, that;'s what I did.

I tried to directly run the upgrade script, but I get an error: "File not found (404 error)".
^ yes, folder structure needs to be followed. if you use ftp client then for uploading you should be able to select
files & folders
from your computer files explorer and drag them to ftp client window with forum root folder opened
(2015-04-02, 05:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, folder structure needs to be followed. if you use ftp client then for uploading you should be able to select
files & folders
from your computer files explorer and drag them to ftp client window with forum root folder opened

Fixed the other problem, but when I go to the admin control panel I get:

Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.
When I try to access the ACP I get the following error:

Quote:Warning [2] require_once(/home/directory_name/public_html/admin/inc/class_page.php): failed to open stream: Success - Line: 30 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.4.37 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/index.php 30 errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 30 require_once

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/directory_name/public_html/admin/inc/class_page.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/directory_namey/public_html/admin/index.php on line 30
Ensure you have uploaded all files in the admin directory to your forum. Also make sure they are chmod 644.
Still getting this error. Sad

(2015-04-03, 12:59 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Ensure you have uploaded all files in the admin directory to your forum. Also make sure they are chmod 644.

They are, I re-uploaded them again. How do I make sure they are "chmod 644"?
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check
looks like there is a problem with using extraction tool at the file manager and many files were misplaced.
it took a long time to fix the files locations and run the upgrade successfully.