MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members, Admins and Moderators cant edit posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB community,
I have installed MyBB and no one can edit their own posts AND others posts as well...
I have gone through the settings and made their user group allowed to edit their own posts and still members can not edit their posts.
This goes for moderators and admins.
And when we do try to edit a post it says "Yo cant edit posts because you dont have permission"
and before you ask I have no clue why it says "Yo" instead of "you"...
Can someone please give me some advice? I have tried everything...
Thanks,
TXmex
(2015-04-04, 09:01 PM)TXmex Wrote: [ -> ]Hello MyBB community,
I have installed MyBB and no one can edit their own posts AND others posts as well...
I have gone through the settings and made their user group allowed to edit their own posts and still members can not edit their posts.
This goes for moderators and admins.
And when we do try to edit a post it says "Yo cant edit posts because you dont have permission"
and before you ask I have no clue why it says "Yo" instead of "you"...
Can someone please give me some advice? I have tried everything...
Thanks,
TXmex

Peace on You,

Don't Worry, it is not Difficult there are three ways you can Check the Permissions Settings:
1. Go to You MyBB Control Panel and Click on Forums and Posts and on Forum Management Click on Any Forums "Options" See and Click on the "Permissions" and Check the "Set Custom Permissions" are Ok! Smile
Or
2. Go to Your Users and Groups Click on Groups than Click on Admin and Moderators Groups "Options"  and than Click on "Edit Group" than Click on "Forums and Posts" at the Bottom of this Page Check "Editing/Deleting Options" are Selected? Smile
3. Go to Your "Users and Groups" on the Left Side Click on "Admin Permissions" See Admins and Group Permissions!

Cheers You have Done! Blush Angel
I have the same problem. There is no 'edit' button for users' own posts. I have checked all the permissions and edit and delete are ticked in, eg, "Forums and Posts". Also, there are no custom permissions set.

I have disabled the few plugins I have and that didn't solve the problem. (I'm on 1.8.4)

Any ideas?

Thanks

F
^ which theme you are using ? can we have your forum url & a test user account ..