MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hide plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to hide

'Board Statistics'
'My Shoutbox'
'Yannouncement'

plugins .... if possible thnx
do you mean to add collapse button for their content ? if so see this guidance
no buddy , to remove the plugins from being seen from a guest who visits the site , so say if im a guest to a forum that guest can see the shoutbox and the stats who is online etc i want it so when people visit the forum it just shows that they need to register , thats why i got the floating guest plugin ... cheers m as always
Install php in template conditionals. Find the plugins code and use this:

<if $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 2 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 6 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 8 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 9 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3 then> ---Content of the plugin code here --- </if>

This is just a simple method I use to do things like this. It will only show the plugin to the usergroups you define, to find the Usergroup numbers simply go to your admin panel click on a group and then it will print the number of the group in your browsers url.
just a note : template conditionals plugin is preferable and above code needs to be optimized
(2015-04-06, 04:06 PM)Jacen Wrote: [ -> ]Install php in template conditionals. Find the plugins code and use this:

<if $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 2 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 6 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 8 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 9 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3 then> ---Content of the plugin code here --- </if>

This is just a simple method I use to do things like this. It will only show the plugin to the usergroups you define, to find the Usergroup numbers simply go to your admin panel click on a group and then it will print the number of the group in your browsers url.

hi Jacen ,

could you explain a little further please in how i can do this , do i need to go into my server directory and goto plugins then insert codes manually in the folders eg /home/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php then edit the code?

by the way thank you for the help so far m and jacen your both awesome! Big Grin
(2015-04-06, 07:05 PM)Misfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-06, 04:06 PM)Jacen Wrote: [ -> ]Install php in template conditionals. Find the plugins code and use this:

hi Jacen ,

could you explain a little further please in how i can do this , do i need to go into my server directory and goto plugins then insert codes manually in the folders eg /home/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php then edit the code?

by the way thank you for the help so far m and jacen your both awesome! Big Grin

No my friend! Let's say for the shoutbox, the code will be in your index templates (the main one) find the code it will be something like this:

{$Shoutboxorsomething}

Once you find that wrap the code around it like this:

<if $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 2 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 6 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 8 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 9 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3 then>{$Shoutboxorsomething}</if>
thanks! will try this now Smile