MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft Delete Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to disable moderators from permanently deleting threads? I want them restricted to soft delete only.
On Forum Management click the Moderators tab. You can control their permissions there.
(2015-04-07, 08:44 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]On Forum Management click the Moderators tab. You can control their permissions there.

I don't have any sectional moderators, just one super moderator. I don't want to give him permission to permanently delete posts and threads because if his account gets hijacked, the content would be lost.

I guess this feature is not included in 1.8? Can I suggest it?

Thank you.
(2015-04-07, 04:03 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]I guess this feature is not included in 1.8? Can I suggest it?

Thank you.

@ Mikeh! Nice Suggestion Smile

There are two plugins also available for this Problem:

1. Trash can forum:

Originally written by Nickman, Updated by yours truly.

When you delete a post this post will not be totally deleted it will be moved to a trash can forum so to speak and you may delete it later.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum

2. Undo Delete:

This plugin will backup threads, posts, polls (including votes) and attachments automatically when a user (regardless of user group) deletes them on front end!
You can view and restore these backups with just a few mouse clicks within Admin CP. Just call it Automatic Soft Delete.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum

Hopefully it will Help You Blush

Sorry to bump this thread, but i am in same situation ...
Is there a way to disable 'Super Moderators' from permanently deleting threads? I want them restricted to soft delete only.

So that they can:
- Only soft delete threads / posts
- If they edit someone's post's then the ORIGINAL content will be visible to admin (this is to know what was authors content & edited one)

A plugin or some code change! This is extremely useful feature, seriously
Yes , anything on this ?
It has come here from 1.4?! WTF. Why this issue couldn't be solved? I think it has taken enough time to be solved, Hasn't it? Or someone solved and sells that plugin or whole code? I have no idea
Geeze It would be nice if anyone could repair this and make it usable for 1.8. It is a necessary tool for a lot of webmasters.. When I install it and changed it for 1.8, I get the error referring to line 110 which reads:
rebuildsettings();

Since it is the only problem I am able to identify I assume I cannot do anything to make it work , I am sure there are more problems after this one so I guess I will delete it...