MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-10-31, 09:29 AM)Sectomy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

is there any way to import the Likes from another Like System /Database style maybe ?
cause im need to switch from Vbulletin 4 to MyBB, and i think all Likes etc, are gone.... or is it impossible ?
greets

andy

Hi andy,

There's a little script converter.php included in the plugin archive's root directory that seems intended to import likes from a couple of alternative MyBB likes plugins, but it hasn't been touched in a long time and I've never tested it myself. It's probably a decent base which you could adapt to import likes from another like system though. Be sure after import though to run in the ACP: Tools & Maintenance => Recount and Rebuild => Recount thanks/likes, so as to update the counts of likes in the relevant columns in the users/posts/stats tables.
thank you Laird,

ill try.... il have no other options... so... what could go wrong (thats what he said,......)

Hold my Beer, ill try it ! Smile
Can these features be added to this plugin?
Do not see the attached files without thanking them. [hide][/hide]
Those who do not thank the links on the subject should not see them.[hidelink][/hidelink]
(2020-11-01, 08:57 AM)arhavili Wrote: [ -> ]Can these features be added to this plugin?
Do not see the attached files without thanking them. [hide][/hide]
Those who do not thank the links on the subject should not see them.[hidelink][/hidelink]

That sort of thing was discussed in issue #172 ("Thank/like post to show post content") on GitHub. The end result was that we added hooks that external developers can use to implement the feature(s). At this point, there is no plan to implement the feature in the plugin itself. I'm pretty sure though that if somebody were to submit a PR implementing this feature, and the code was up to scratch, we would accept it.
As @Laird wrote above - we will not add this feature directly to the plugin, but we have added the hooks for easily implementation by anybody else who wanna collaborate with us and share a code

We will release a new version 3.3.8 tomorrow, so please stay tuned Smile

New version 3.3.8 is released! Please check the changelog and update from the older versions. This release contains new features - comprehensive stats section in a member profile page, improved MyAlerts integration (aka Facebook design) and extended first post counter for search page. Moreover we have added new hooks for easier integration - now you can enhance this plugin with for example thank/like the post to show content  with ease. Thank you @Laird (aka @lairdshaw) for your contribution!

Here is the full changelog:
[FEATURE] - New statistics! Check Member profile page - display top thanks/like givers/receiver and given/received stats for time period Smile - @lairdshaw
[FEATURE] - Extend displaying total thanks/likes for the first post of the thread in search.php - @Eldenroot / @lairdshaw 
[ENHANCEMENT] - Add a new option to display full/simple navigation in a member profile for top tyl post - @lairdshaw 
[ENHANCEMENT] - Add hooks for simpler 3rd party extending of thank you like plugin (for example thank/like a post to show a post content) - @lairdshaw
[ENHANCEMENT] - MyAlerts integration improvements - display total thanks/likes since the last visit (aka Facebook design) - @lairdshaw
[ENHANCEMENT] - New unformatted variables for even easier template/theme customization - @lairdshaw
[FIX] - removed redundant code in plugin files - @lairdshaw 
[FIX] - some templates were not cached - @lairdshaw
[FIX] - self thanks/likes check was not working properly (tyl_check_remove_self_likes_from_post_array()) - @lairdshaw
[FIX] - additions in showthread templates were not removed on deactivate - @lairdshaw

If you like our work, please add a "STAR" on MyBB Extend site Smile Share your ideas and give us valuable feedback! Thank you!
Which language files did you add in the new version? Can you specify them separately?
(2020-11-02, 10:53 PM)Aytac Wrote: [ -> ]Which language files did you add in the new version? Can you specify them separately?

The only newly added translation is for Turkish. It was uploaded by Eldenroot ten days ago to the Translations section of the plugin's Extend page, but it doesn't appear to have been approved yet, and it is also a little out of date by now, missing some of the language entries added recently.
I ask what new words have been added to the language file.
Oh, right. Attached is a list based on looking through the commits since the previous release. Hopefully I haven't missed any.
i use this {$post['tyl_unumrtyls']} to show number of like received in postbit
but i want to show it also in index page what is the code for it?