MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst it looks as though that table has the necessary fields, I'm not sure that importing likes will work using the converter.php script: as I wrote at the bottom of my last message to you, that would rely on user IDs and post IDs being the same for both the original (vBulletin) database and the MyBB database you migrated it to, which we can't necessarily rely on. Have you already performed that migration? If so, how did you do that?
Hi,

migration via Merge script.... fresh install of MyBB and then Merged...all worked fine all looks good...only the Thx / Likes i dont have touched yet.....
Mmm... I think that the best way to import vBulletin likes would be to add a module to the Merge System to do that, because that System (I assume) keeps track of the mapping between the original vBulletin post/user IDs and the post/user IDs they correspond to after migration to MyBB, which we'd need when importing likes.

You could perhaps ask in one of the Merge System forums whether anybody's willing to do that for you, or post a request in the Requests / Services / Jobs forum.
(2020-11-04, 01:40 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-04, 01:24 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Okay now it's fine. Thanks..

No worries. I've created an issue about this on GitHub: https://github.com/mybbgroup/Thank-you-l...issues/272

(2020-11-04, 01:24 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]One more query. Can it be make like this "Likes: **" instead of which is now "Likes Received: ** in ** posts" ??

Without making changes to the plugin, you could simply switch to the variable {$post['tyl_unumrcvtyls']} (remember the "cv"!) [ETA: actually, a better choice of variables is {$post['tyl_unumrcvtyls_self_rem']}, since that accounts for any removal of self-likes from the count if you have set the relevant plugin setting (otherwise it is identical to {$post['tyl_unumrcvtyls']}], however, there would be two drawbacks to that:

1. It wouldn't format the number with commas for thousands, e.g., 1234 would display like that, rather than as 1,234.
  2. It wouldn't format the number according to the new setting we've added, "Received likes styling ranges".

Otherwise, we'd need to modify the plugin again to provide formatting for that variable for you.

Regarding my this question. I searched in the codes a bit @Laird

And modified the file /inc/languages/english/thankyoulike.lang.php

I edited in the lines 17 & 18 respectively. And it sorted the thing.Smile
(2020-11-06, 12:49 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding my this question. I searched in the codes a bit @Laird

And modified the file /inc/languages/english/thankyoulike.lang.php

I edited in the lines 17 & 18 respectively. And it sorted the thing.Smile

Good one! I didn't even think of that. Glad you found a good working solution.
Hello ... on version 1.8, after installing the plugin, I have this error on the page: MyBB Internal: One or more warnings have occurred. Please contact the administrator for help. How to do it ?? Help
(2020-11-12, 07:14 AM)solowski Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ... on version 1.8, after installing the plugin, I have this error on the page: MyBB Internal: One or more warnings have occurred. Please contact the administrator for help. How to do it ?? Help

We need more information about the error. First check whether there is an "error.log" file in either your forum's root directory, or its inc or inc/plugins directories. If there is, then please paste its contents in here.

If not, then if you can access the Settings module your forum's Admin Control Panel, then go to "Server and Optimization Options" and:
  • Under "Error Logging Medium" select "Log errors".
  • Under "Error Type Medium" select "Warnings and Errors".
  • Under "Error Logging Location" type "./error.log" if it's not already set to that.
Save those settings, then go back to the page where you were getting the error, and then check for an error.log file again as above and paste its contents in here.

If you can't access the Settings module of your forum's Admin Control Panel, then open up the inc/settings.php file and:
  • Find $settings['errorlogmedium'] and set its value to "log".
  • Find $settings['errortypemedium'] and set its value to "both".
  • Find $settings['errorloglocation'] and set its value to "./error.log".
Save the file, then go back to the page where you were getting the error, and then check for an error.log file again as above and paste its contents in here.
He writes something like the following in the error.log file

<error>
<dateline>1605286855</dateline>
<script>inc/plugins/lock/core/shortcode.php</script>
<line>66</line>
<type>2</type>
<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
<message>Illegal string offset 'title'</message>
<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/core/shortcode.php:66]
#1  lock_hide() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/shortcodes.class.php:96]
#2  Shortcodes::run_shortcode() called at [[PHP]: ]
#3  preg_replace_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/shortcodes.class.php:81]
#4  Shortcodes::parse() called at [/inc/plugins/lock.php:72]
#5  lock_highlight_end() called at [/inc/class_plugins.php:142]
#6  pluginSystem->run_hooks() called at [/inc/class_parser.php:217]
#7  postParser->parse_message() called at [/inc/functions_post.php:785]
#8  build_postbit() called at [/showthread.php:1126]
</back_trace>
</error>

<error>
<dateline>1605286855</dateline>
<script>inc/plugins/lock/core/shortcode.php(132) : eval()'d code</script>
<line>3</line>
<type>2</type>
<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
<message>Illegal string offset 'title'</message>
<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/core/shortcode.php(132) : eval()'d code:3]
#1  eval() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/core/shortcode.php:132]
#2  lock_hide() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/shortcodes.class.php:96]
#3  Shortcodes::run_shortcode() called at [[PHP]: ]
#4  preg_replace_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/lock/shortcodes.class.php:81]
#5  Shortcodes::parse() called at [/inc/plugins/lock.php:72]
#6  lock_highlight_end() called at [/inc/class_plugins.php:142]
#7  pluginSystem->run_hooks() called at [/inc/class_parser.php:217]
#8  postParser->parse_message() called at [/inc/functions_post.php:785]
#9  build_postbit() called at [/showthread.php:1126]
</back_trace>
</error>

so what other plugin has a conflict with thank you ?? because I don't know anymore

Please help....
Those reports seem to be for viewing threads, and they seem to be caused by some sort of "lock" plugin.

Do you have any error.log entries for admin/index.php?

Remember to look for an error.log file in your inc/ and inc/plugins/ directories too.
[ENHANCEMENT] - Add hooks for simpler 3rd party extending of thank you like plugin (for example thank/like a post to show a post content)

How can we do that?