MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-06-21, 01:02 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be difficult to setup such a conversion script?

As martec has demonstrated: not too difficult, no.

(2021-06-22, 05:45 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]strange...
because of feature of this plugin

Oh, the "reputation" feature of this plugin works in the other direction: it allows an admin to specify that clicking the "Like" or "Thank you" button adds reputation as well as a like/thank you.

(2021-06-22, 05:45 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]I created converter.

Nice job! I haven't tested it, but on inspection it looks good. Thanks for stepping up.

A couple of minor niggles: the comment block at the top still refers to the devs of the script on which you based it instead of yourself, and the echos refer to the "Thanks single system" rather than the reputation system. Not a big deal.

Perhaps we could add this script to the plugin itself? Would you be comfortable with that?
(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job! I haven't tested it, but on inspection it looks good. Thanks for stepping up.

I'm glad I helped.

(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps we could add this script to the plugin itself? Would you be comfortable with that?

feel free, because it's practically the code that existed in the plugin itself. I just made very small change.
(2021-06-22, 07:40 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job! I haven't tested it, but on inspection it looks good. Thanks for stepping up.

I'm glad I helped.

(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps we could add this script to the plugin itself? Would you be comfortable with that?

feel free, because it's practically the code that existed in the plugin itself. I just made very small change.

can you please provide the source
(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-22, 05:45 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]strange...
because of feature of this plugin

Oh, the "reputation" feature of this plugin works in the other direction: it allows an admin to specify that clicking the "Like" or "Thank you" button adds reputation as well as a like/thank you.

Okay, so just to be sure, before going the "hard way" if I use this setting it will not help to show thre "old" reputations as Thankyou-Likes?

(2021-06-22, 07:40 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I helped.

Thank you very much. I am happy to get help here.
(2021-06-22, 05:51 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-22, 07:11 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, the "reputation" feature of this plugin works in the other direction: it allows an admin to specify that clicking the "Like" or "Thank you" button adds reputation as well as a like/thank you.

Okay, so just to be sure, before going the "hard way" if I use this setting it will not help to show thre "old" reputations as Thankyou-Likes?

Correct. It would, though, after running martec's conversion script, give you the option to return to your original plugin without loss of likes/thank yous (since thereafter, every thank/like would be duplicated as a reputation).
(2021-06-22, 01:52 PM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]can you please provide the source

He did already, in the file attached to the post three above yours:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382...pid1368082
Unfortunately, I get some MYSQL errors if I open the script directly.

[attachment=44155]

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '264-4' for key 'pid'
Query: *See Screenshot*

Any ideas?
(2021-06-22, 10:25 PM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I get some MYSQL errors if I open the script directly.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '264-4' for key 'pid'
Query: *See Screenshot*

Any ideas?

some reason you have duplicate entry..

try Attachment below...
Thank you, but it is still not working (same error message) and I don't know what entry should be duplicate.

I already tried to find an answer in google and possible reasons I found were:

Quote:The web application has a bug that adds primary key by large increments, and exhausts the field limit.
MySQL cluster replication tries to re-insert a field.
A database dump file contains duplicate rows because of coding error.
MySQL index table has duplicate rows.

In rare cases, this error is shown when the table becomes too big, but let’s not worry about that for now.

?

Source: https://bobcares.com/blog/error-no-1062/

So again, what should be duplicated? I already tried to deinstall and reinstall the Thank-you-plugin. I think this error message could be misleading.
(2021-06-23, 12:20 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, but it is still not working (same error message) and I don't know what entry should be duplicate.

hi...
same 264-4? or other value error?

anyway try with attach below again

(2021-06-23, 12:20 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]So again, what should be duplicated? I already tried to deinstall and reinstall the Thank-you-plugin. I think this error message could be misleading.

looking at the error message the pid with 264 is duplicated.
but I don't want you to solve this problem by deleting these entries manually. Because this will not help the community as the problem will be repeated again with someone else.