MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-06-23, 08:10 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-23, 08:08 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that helped. Thank you so much for your help.

I'm glad it worked!!

(2021-06-23, 08:08 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]PS. Please remember I meant it serious when I said to let me know a donation adresse (Paypal or Bitcoin). Some dollars I have to spend for not feeling bad for all the work you done here. Smile

About donation you can use the donation link of this post https://community.mybb.com/thread-189422...pid1210133 (end of the post has donation link)

Not much, but a little gesture of my recognition.
(2021-06-23, 09:58 AM)skrilaxrev Wrote: [ -> ]Not much, but a little gesture of my recognition.

Thank you for your consideration and for the donation.
I was very happy! Big Grin
We will include in the next release.

Thank you martec for your contribution.

Also I would like to ask other to report any unfixed issues or bugs to make another release better
(2021-06-23, 03:56 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]We will include in the next release.

Thank you martec for your contribution.

Nice to hear! So I had some positive influence on this good plugin, I hope. Smile

(2021-06-23, 03:56 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Also I would like to ask other to report any unfixed issues or bugs to make another release better

Bugs I found none so far, but have you ever considered to implement a dislike button and a commentable like button?
(2021-06-23, 07:09 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Attachment below... will work... if has entry with same pid and uid more than once, only first entry will inserted.

@martec, thank you so much for your work on this script. I've combined it with the preexisting script and done a bunch of refactoring. I'd appreciate it if you would check out the PR which includes this combining and refactoring, and let me know if you find any issues with it, but no pressure if you'd rather not:

https://github.com/mybbgroup/Thank-you-l...m/pull/312
(2021-06-24, 11:15 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-23, 07:09 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Attachment below... will work... if has entry with same pid and uid more than once, only first entry will inserted.

@martec, thank you so much for your work on this script. I've combined it with the preexisting script and done a bunch of refactoring. I'd appreciate it if you would check out the PR which includes this combining and refactoring, and let me know if you find any issues with it, but no pressure if you'd rather not:

https://github.com/mybbgroup/Thank-you-l...m/pull/312

very good work @Laird.
I saw the code and it's very well organized. The combination was very good.

And I also tested converting the DB that skrilaxrev gave me and converted without any problem.

so for me all ok...
Thanks @martec for testing and confirming that the code is still working, and thanks also for the kind words. Very good to read.
Hello everybody!

I just upgraded the plugin from version 2.3.0 (I think). Unfortunately, I missed the "Workaround to avoid loss of alerts" part and - of course - the alerts for liked posts are now invisible. Is there a way of getting them back AFTER upgrading? Confused
Or would the best way be to downgrade to an earlier version (if so, where could I get the old plugin files?) and run the upgrade again - this time taking mentioned step BEFORE upgrading?

I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks!
(2021-08-11, 07:45 AM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded the plugin from version 2.3.0 (I think). Unfortunately, I missed the "Workaround to avoid loss of alerts" part and - of course - the alerts for liked posts are now invisible. Is there a way of getting them back AFTER upgrading?  Confused

There might be. The trick is to identify the id of the deleted alert type. This isn't an infallible approach, but see if you have luck with it:

Run this query on your DB (adjusting table prefix as necessary):

select distinct alert_type_id from mybb_alerts where extra_details like '{"tid":%,"t_subject":"%","fid":%}';

That will give you a list of alert type IDs that are potentially compatible with those for thank you / likes (tyls).

Next, run this query on your DB (again, adjusting table prefix as necessary):

select id, code from mybb_alert_types order by id asc;

That will give you a list of existing alert types in the DB. Cross-check against the list you got from the previous query. With any luck, one and only one of the IDs from the first query doesn't appear in the list from the second query. In that case, you've found your man, and you can run the following query. In the query, you will need to substitute for newid the id that appears against the code 'tyl' from the second query above. You will also need to substitute for oldid the non-appearing id that you've just identified.

update mybb_alerts set alert_type_id=newid where id=oldid;

(2021-08-11, 07:45 AM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]Or would the best way be to downgrade to an earlier version (if so, where could I get the old plugin files?) and run the upgrade again - this time taking mentioned step BEFORE upgrading?

Nope, that wouldn't work.
First of all - thank you Laird for your help! 
I tried your workaround. The queries seemed to work, on the first one I got two IDs that weren't included in the list printed out by the second query. I tried updating both of them with the last query but unfortunately - nothing has changed, the tyl alerts are still invisible. Confused Do you know of any other thing I could try? I really want to avoid completely deinstalling and reinstalling the plugin

The last thanks/likes given right before the plugin upgrade, seem to already have incorporated the new alert type id in the database? But they are still not shown in the alerts pop up in our board. Huh Could that be helpful in anyway?

Thanks again!