MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a suggestion, it might be better to add some rebuild tool for this instead of only relaying in the upgrade process for it.

I say this because I have seen plugins that include some install/uninstall tool for alert types that can be executed at any time.
Good idea!
@melodrama, I just want to make sure I understand your problem before commenting further.

Is it that (1) alerts for likes prior to upgrade are no longer showing, (2) alerts for new likes after upgrade are not showing, or (3) both of the preceding?
(2021-08-12, 08:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]As a suggestion, it might be better to add some rebuild tool for this instead of only relaying in the upgrade process for it.

I say this because I have seen plugins that include some install/uninstall tool for alert types that can be executed at any time.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you explain what this rebuild tool would do?
(2021-08-12, 07:18 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you explain what this rebuild tool would do?

Maybe the attachment helps to clarify my suggestion.
(2021-08-13, 12:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-12, 07:18 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you explain what this rebuild tool would do?

Maybe the attachment helps to clarify my suggestion.

OK. I guess the only difference with the TYL plugin is that the TYL plugin (1) auto-integrates with MyAlerts upon installation if it finds that MyAlerts is already installed, and (2) doesn't provide an opportunity to unintegrate with MyAlerts once integrated. Are those crucial differences? Are there use cases where an admin would have both plugins installed but not want them to be integrated?

P.S. I'm still not sure what rebuilds have to do with this, but am content to drop that part of things.
First, I apologize if my suggestion was confusing, I don't use this plugin and only read the replies, my suggestion was based on what I read, not what I experience in any way. By "rebuild" I meant the tool or mechanism I shared. I did check the code and apparently my suggestion was mistakenly directed to an upgrade issue.

I see you already offer support for integrating with MyAlerts after installing, just not removing such integration. My suggestion in adding both is still valid but unrelated (by my confusion) to the topic at hand.
No worries, Omar. Your thoughts are always welcome, especially when you've done the due diligence of reading the code.

Re providing the option to remove TYL integration from MyAlerts, I feel that the possibility of disabling the TYL option via "ACP" => "Configuration" => "Alert Types" => "tyl" is sufficient. I'm open though to arguments that it is not.
I have no arguments against avoiding such tool. I would assume that if either MyAlerts or this plugin is uninstalled, all data that links them both would also disappear. The only practical case where it might be useful would be if administrators want to start "fresh" regarding the integration itself but not uninstall any of both plugins. In that context my suggestion would be valid, but according to @melodrama's case this scenario is unlikely
and thus not worth the investment on it at the moment.
(2021-08-12, 07:09 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]@melodrama, I just want to make sure I understand your problem before commenting further.

Is it that (1) alerts for likes prior to upgrade are no longer showing, (2) alerts for new likes after upgrade are not showing, or (3) both of the preceding?

I think it is (3) - none of them are showing.  Undecided It's hard to really tell for sure because most of my old alerts prior to upgrade are already deleted, but I just checked a few accounts and there were no tyl alerts at all, so I think it's option (3).