MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System v3.4.5 + MyAlerts and Tapatalk support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-08-13, 08:53 AM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-12, 07:09 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]@melodrama, I just want to make sure I understand your problem before commenting further.

Is it that (1) alerts for likes prior to upgrade are no longer showing, (2) alerts for new likes after upgrade are not showing, or (3) both of the preceding?

I think it is (3) - none of them are showing.  Undecided It's hard to really tell for sure because most of my old alerts prior to upgrade are already deleted, but I just checked a few accounts and there were no tyl alerts at all, so I think it's option (3).

Mmm. Maybe we've partially misdiagnosed the problem then. Looking at the ACP Plugins page, do you see under Thank You/Like System this green text: The Thank You/Like System is currently integrated with MyAlerts.?

And do you also see MyAlerts in the Active Plugins list? (I know, I know - dumb question, but sometimes when debugging we have to ask dumb or otherwise obvious questions!).
(2021-08-13, 09:08 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-13, 08:53 AM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-12, 07:09 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]@melodrama, I just want to make sure I understand your problem before commenting further.

Is it that (1) alerts for likes prior to upgrade are no longer showing, (2) alerts for new likes after upgrade are not showing, or (3) both of the preceding?

I think it is (3) - none of them are showing.  Undecided It's hard to really tell for sure because most of my old alerts prior to upgrade are already deleted, but I just checked a few accounts and there were no tyl alerts at all, so I think it's option (3).

Mmm. Maybe we've partially misdiagnosed the problem then. Looking at the ACP Plugins page, do you see under Thank You/Like System this green text: The Thank You/Like System is currently integrated with MyAlerts.?

And do you also see MyAlerts in the Active Plugins list? (I know, I know - dumb question, but sometimes when debugging we have to ask dumb or otherwise obvious questions!).

That's okay, thanks for your patience!
Yes, both are the case. And both are working fine on their own (all other alerts are showing, only the tyl ones are not), just not together.
(2021-08-13, 09:32 AM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]That's okay, thanks for your patience!
Yes, both are the case. And both are working fine on their own (all other alerts are showing, only the tyl ones are not), just not together.

Hmm. Curious. Tell me, what number do you get when you run the following query on your DB (as usual, correcting the mybb_ table prefix as necessary)?

select count(*) from mybb_alerts where alert_type_id = (select id from mybb_alert_types where code='tyl');
(2021-08-13, 09:39 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Curious. Tell me, what number do you get when you run the following query on your DB (as usual, correcting the mybb_ table prefix as necessary)?

select count(*) from mybb_alerts where alert_type_id = (select id from mybb_alert_types where code='tyl');

I get: 53
(2021-08-14, 12:09 PM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-13, 09:39 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Curious. Tell me, what number do you get when you run the following query on your DB (as usual, correcting the mybb_ table prefix as necessary)?

OK, so there are 53 valid tyl alerts in the DB but MyAlerts isn't showing them to your members. Perhaps the tyl alert type has accidentally been toggle off? Could you please check whether the "Enabled?" checkbox is checked in the ACP under Configuration => Alert Types => tyl?
(2021-08-14, 12:17 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-14, 12:09 PM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]

OK, so there are 53 valid tyl alerts in the DB but MyAlerts isn't showing them to your members. Perhaps the tyl alert type has accidentally been toggle off? Could you please check whether the "Enabled?" checkbox is checked in the ACP under Configuration => Alert Types => tyl?

That was one of the first things I did - it's enabled, I just checked again. I also tried reloading the mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_types cache, that didn't make a difference either.
(2021-08-14, 01:28 PM)melodrama Wrote: [ -> ]That was one of the first things I did - it's enabled, I just checked again. I also tried reloading the mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_types cache, that didn't make a difference either.

In that case, I'm all out of ideas. In order to diagnose and solve this problem, I'd need access to your server to debug more methodically. If you want to go that route, then please feel free to get in touch via a private message.
To whom it may concern - I just wanted to give a quick update because I was able to solve my above-mentioned problem. (Shoutout to Laird for all the patience and help on this one!) 
In case anyone encounters the same problem - here's what worked for me. After a few debugging tests and research, I discovered the issue was connected to the updated language file for this plugin. A few of the language variables had been modified, but with our board using a different language (in this case, German), our own language file obviously was not updated. Therefore some of the required language variables were not found. So if anyone should encounter the same problem, try updating your varying language files, making sure, they line up with the original from this plugin.
hello all

I have the version 3.4.2 on my forum

lately, after doing some update, I noticed that the "Like" in the profile of the users was back to 0 while I could still access the posts on which they were done

one of my user has 1000 or more "like", but on his profile, it shows 0

so, I went to the AP and start a recounting of the "thank you/like"
long story short (I had to change few value for the recounting to start) the system turned for 24h before it timed out. more than 2 millions Likes were counted but still not all of them

is there a way to do the counting from the console/terminal ?
I have access to the console of the linux OS, php system and mysql server so a script and tmux would be a solution

thanks
Is it just the count for users which is displayed as 0 ? Are the values equal to 0 in mybb_users tables for these users ?
It could be possible to update the table from mysql, but to give you the good query, we must know exactly where the trouble is.

And more important: are all the users impacted ?