MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed host providers, now can't log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ver. 1.6

The web host I was using went out of business and needed to upload backups to a new host.  Now I do not have access to the forums, I get,

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user 'rageinpa_snipe'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server.  I do see that the SQL database is now renamed to the new host.  I am not sure where to make the changes so the forums see the correct SQL data base.  

http://rageinpaint.com/forums

I am not sure what changes to make, where, to the files to make it see the correct SQL.

Thanks,

Bob
inc/config.php file consists of database details & inc/settings.php file contains board url & cookie settings

those two files should have correct details / settings so that forum can work
Thank you,

In making the changes to the .config seems to now corrected the SQL problem, but now another has appeared.

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.
Error Type:MyBB Error (42)Error Message:Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

It does say VER. 1.6, I would think I need to update now?
^ now looks like it is resolved.
you should turn off display of MyBB version number and upgrade to at least MyBB 1.6.16 (latest is 1.8.4)

admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> General Configuration >> Show Version Numbers >> select No and save settings
Yes, thank you very much.  I updgraded to 1.8.4 and in the admin panel it still reports 1.6 as the version number.  I do believe there is a place to edit that after an update, I'll check the forums.

All is now good.

Thanks again,

Bob