MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin request: Auto Close Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I've been looking for a plugin that will automatically close a thread if it has no new posts in X amount of days. The people using my forum have a problem with necroposting (which is posting in an old now irrelevant thread). I'd love it if somebody could work on a plugin that will close a thread after X days that nobody has posted on it. Thank you.
in 1.6 there was a plugin that used to do it mean after some days / months that we set
it auto closes the old threads
i wonder if there is such plugin today
its name was - lockoldthreads
(2015-04-13, 01:12 PM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]in 1.6 there was a plugin that used to do it mean after some days / months that we set
it auto closes the old threads
i wonder if there is such plugin today
its name was - lockoldthreads

I updated this plugin for 1.8, I've submitted it to the MyBB Mods page but you can grab it here also: http://jmd.cc/bb/forumdisplay.php?fid=63
Peharps can you use forumselect as optionscode reither than text for lot_forums. And numeric reither than text for lot_age.
But usefull plugin.
(2015-05-05, 12:42 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Peharps can you use forumselect as optionscode reither than text for lot_forums. And numeric reither than text for lot_age.
But usefull plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion. My plugins are a few years old so maybe they are about due for a re-write. Smile