MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feature Suggestion: Avatar Cropping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I would like to suggest Avatar Cropping when uploading an avatar, so that everyone can have default square avatars, instead of different proportions such as too long or too wide.
+1, it is must have
(2015-04-09, 01:40 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to suggest Avatar Cropping when uploading an avatar
This can be also achieved with CSS (the image stays the same, but gets zoomed to fill the box 100% vertically and horizontally).
It's definitely a functionality we are looking into.
(2015-04-13, 08:34 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-09, 01:40 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to suggest Avatar Cropping when uploading an avatar
This can be also achieved with CSS (the image stays the same, but gets zoomed to fill the box 100% vertically and horizontally).

But you can't reposition the image. While cropping you can choose how your avatar should look like.
(2015-04-13, 08:34 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you tell me please how to do that?
Rather than the burden of the software having to crop avatars, why not support the ability for Admins to specify dimensions?

Then there's total flexibility, those that don't mind can allow any dimensions, those that want uniformity can specify exact dimensions that an avatar must satisfy and we then don't have to worry about building something to crop avatars Smile
Eh, I'd rather have avatar cropping myself.
I side with the community here. Uniform avatars look better, IMO.
(2015-04-18, 03:20 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I side with the community here. Uniform avatars look better, IMO.

You can have uniform avatars by specifying exact dimensions, rather than having a cropping tool.
Pages: 1 2