MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View warning details option in group permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if bug of mybb 1.8, or limitation of mybb 1.8 or is intentional, but "Can view warning logs?" not work if group not has "Can send warnings to other users?" permission.

for me not made any sense, why need "Can send warnings to other users?" permission to see warning log of user?

I want show warning log of all user to all user, because several people think that we moderator, not made anything against bad users.

I tested same feature in xenforo demo and work fine. So this is something like that i want see in mybb 2.0.
Anyone of mybb team could me say why need "Can send warnings to other users?" permission to "Can view warning logs?" work? This is intentional?
(2015-04-21, 06:44 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone of mybb team could me say why need "Can send warnings to other users?" permission to "Can view warning logs?" work?

Keep in mind that this is not 1.8 bug report forum.. And it doesn't make much sense to post this thread in a 2.0 forum, for which the warning system hasn't even been started yet. I doubt this feature planning mistake/inconsistency will be repeated in it too.

Anyways, in 1.8 "Can view warning logs?" permission is under Moderator CP tab so it apparently applies only to that. I expected that admins may misinterpret those permissions in one way or another and said that in one of github issues, but noone backed me up IIRC.
(2015-04-21, 11:15 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that this is not 1.8 bug report forum.. And it doesn't make much sense to post this thread in a 2.0 forum, for which the warning system hasn't even been started yet. I doubt this feature planning mistake/inconsistency will be repeated in it too.

sorry, but i not know if bug or not. I not know if this is intentional thing or not.

(2015-04-21, 11:15 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, in 1.8 "Can view warning logs?" permission is under Moderator CP tab so it apparently applies only to that. I expected that admins may misinterpret those permissions in one way or another and said that in one of github issues, but noone backed me up IIRC.

but common user can see if i give "Can send warnings to other users?" permission. Not need ModCP access.

And in Xenforo i can set this for common user and work fine, because of this i want this feature working in 2.0.

[Image: eLlm7wv.png]