MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone

I have done some searching prior to this post.

I did not find a solution.

My 1.8 Default style / template report button doesn't work at all.

It will not execute just nothing.

The button only shows javascript:report.reportpost(58099) etc...

What I have done is revert my header includes

Rebuild

Checked for errors

looked for changes and it auto changed

So what solution would you think might allow this report button to work

added info.. I only have default Template no other templates or styles

thanks
This has also just happened to my forum?
please provide a forum url and test account.
I deactivated My Alerts and now the report button works again... Smile
(2015-04-11, 03:44 PM)Nath Wrote: [ -> ]This has also just happened to my forum?

Nope, I got the same problem on crypto.country/forum .

I've seen a few more report for this button too. Checking up, I'll re-edit what I find Smile

Testing this one first:

(2015-04-13, 11:42 PM)Mhz Wrote: [ -> ]I deactivated My Alerts and now the report button works again... Smile
Post-edit: cannot find anything pertaining "My Alerts" :/

I also found the following, but I do not understand that solution. 
(2014-12-17, 09:00 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]deactivate & uninstall MyTabs plugin & remove its files & check referred issues on MyBB stock theme. 
show referrals plugin => is it compatible with MyBB 1.8.x ? if not this also needs to be removed.
and
(2014-11-27, 04:48 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Change jQuery to $ in jscripts/myalerts.js
2. Remove jQuery.noConflict(); line from jscripts/combined.js
3. Remove 

<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') {
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
}
</script>
from the headerinclude template.

There may be more issues inside the combined.js - not sure if you copied everything correctly.

EDIT: also, combining the 3 files may be not a good idea since jquery.js and general.js are used in other places too - ACP, installation, upgrade, etc.
I also found a user for whom it was solved by disabling Thanks. I have Thank You/Like System (1.9.1) installed, but disabling did not solve it. 
(2014-11-11, 10:40 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]the quotes button doesn't work either, try disabling the thanks plugin. I believe that plugin is causing your issue.
This looked promising...
(2012-04-09, 05:33 PM)newuserhere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-09, 05:15 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks zumanity for your this fix.

To help future users, solution:

Go to Template & Styles> templates>showthread templates> showthread 

Replace:
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/thread.js"></script>
with:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/thread.js"></script>
I couldn't find that code, but when I went to http://www.crypto.country/forum/admin/in...iff_report I could find the following code with the SRC=-tag...:
<!-- jeditable (jquery) -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/report.js?ver=1800"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jeditable/jeditable.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/thread.js?ver=1800"></script>
<!-- start: FastQuote -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/fastQuote.js"></script>
var form_name = '{$mybb->settings['fastQuoteFormName']}';
var text_name = '{$mybb->settings['fastQuoteFieldName']}';
</script>
<!-- end: FastQuote -->
{$ajaxthreadupdate['head']}<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/thankyoulike.js"></script>
Without understanding it, I'd say it's correct, right? I'm using the Default theme.
Any help appreciated, I'm even willing to make a test account when requested Smile
Devvie

----
UPDATE: I noticed that I have a general problem with Javascript buttons... The Rate button does not work for me either; a "Find" and an "Add Thank You" do work... But are not javascript codes...)
See my Rate-button problem here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-167200-...pid1140711

---
Post-thought... I think I have a general javascript problem... Could that be it?

The reason I ask is because with http://www.crypto.country/forum/admin/in...s-maillogs I am also unable to press any of the emails sent by members (to check if they are spammers). I have 2 messages there, but am unable to read them. Nothing happens when I press the (javascript) links... :/

Sigh Smile

Devvie